My candles in a fair.

marsh

Hello everybody! I have a question for you. My candles are gonna be in a fair. It will be in the company that works my sister, it is a fair for employees. I will make all the candles, including the work and materials. But my sister and brother are the ones who are gonna be selling the candles in the fair. My question is how much should I pay them for selling my candles? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer me.

That's a tough call...it probably depends on how much time they will be putting in, total sales, and if they will be setting up/taking down. Is it more than one day? I suppose some people would say a percentage of total sales??

By the way, you're in Costa Rica? I LOVE CR--I've been there 3 times and can't seem to get it out of my system. What part of the country are you in? If you want, you can pm me so I can gush about your country. (:

Jodie

That's a tough call...it probably depends on how much time they will be putting in, total sales, and if they will be setting up/taking down. Is it more than one day? I suppose some people would say a percentage of total sales??

By the way, you're in Costa Rica? I LOVE CR--I've been there 3 times and can't seem to get it out of my system. What part of the country are you in? If you want, you can pm me so I can gush about your country. (:

Jodie

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me, the fair is going to last 6 days, for about 8 hours, I wont be able to be there because I have a disability and that long will be so tired for me. Because its my family, and they are helping in that way I want everyone to earn, no just me. I want to be fair and be happy with the results.

About my country , what can I say, I love my country, I live about 2 hour from our principal airport, Im glad you have good memories about your tips here, you can pm me anytime to share your stories about my country.

That is hard. If you had done the fair before, you might have a better idea of how good you'd do. Are they doing it more for a favor for you, or are they hoping for income? I would think you would have to move a lot of product to pay someone a decent price for spending the day at a fair. But if they're doing it as part favor with some compensation, that's different, too. Have you discussed that with them?

You COULD pay them a percentage of your gross sales. That way, if you don't make a lot of sales, you will not lose a lot by paying out a set fee for them to sell the candles. If they sell a bunch, everyone is happy and you might even want to give them a little bonus. Paying a percentage will also encourage them to MOVE those candles rather than just sit behind the table and look bored! If they do a great job, they'll make a lot more money, you'll sell a lot more candles and everyone will be happy! :D

Thanks for anwered me. Great ideas!! This is a way of helping me with the bussiness, I work alone, I buy the materials, but it is hard for me to offer my product to the people because of my dissability, I just cant do it on my own. I will prepare a lot of candles, more candles more the possibilities to sell and have a good profit for me and my brother and sister. Tomorrow I will have the confirmation to participate in the fair, so if they give me the the chance I will talk to my family, I just want everybody to be happy. So thank you so much for your advices, I will let you all the news about the fair, if you have any other advice or something like that please let me know. Wish me luck!!