soap process ???

I'm wondering what makes the oven good for cooking soap? Does that make sense?

I mean, could I make a box with a heater of some kind in it (something to keep it at 150) and would it work the same.

I am so used to, and like the oven process, and my new workshop does not have an oven, or a 240v outlet to put one in. I have been racking my brain for ideas on making a makeshift oven. Maybe someone has ideas that I am missing.

I know some people use a heating pad to cook their soap, does this make it the same as CPOP?

You could add a heating pad or make a soap gelling box. I have one that is just a regular cardboard box lined with a piece of sheep skin. I put my mold in there and wrap the box with large towels. That is enough to force a complete gel and I don't have to use any power/ waste electricity using the oven.

I saw a pictures of a large soap mold that was set on top of a heating pad. I can't remember if it was a post here somewhere, or on a website that either sold molds or gave instructions for soapmaking. I think they also used a heating pad on top of the mold too. I use the Cold Process method so I don't use external heat. The pictures they showed had an explanation that the mold was too large for their oven so they use heating pads.

I saw a pictures of a large soap mold that was set on top of a heating pad. I can't remember if it was a post here somewhere, or on a website that either sold molds or gave instructions for soapmaking. I think they also used a heating pad on top of the mold too. I use the Cold Process method so I don't use external heat. The pictures they showed had an explanation that the mold was too large for their oven so they use heating pads.

There's a picture using a heating pad in Grumpy Girl's tutorial on multi-colored salt bars

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62607

If I'm not mistaken, she was just using the heating pads to ensure gel, not to actually cook the soap. I'm afraid they wouldn't generate sufficient heat to replace the oven or crock pot for hot process soap. It would be interesting to try a batch, though, and see just how hot it would get. The worst that could happen is that you'd have to consider it cp and cure it for a few weeks.

If I'm not mistaken, she was just using the heating pads to ensure gel, not to actually cook the soap. I'm afraid they wouldn't generate sufficient heat to replace the oven or crock pot for hot process soap. It would be interesting to try a batch, though, and see just how hot it would get. The worst that could happen is that you'd have to consider it cp and cure it for a few weeks.

This is what I was thinking. I'm still trying to figure a way to make a small heated box of some kind. I'm just stuck on how to regulate the temp.