SS frank, myrrh & gold

Scented

Wholly cow this stuff is addictive! I went .8 oz ppo, so we'll see how this does. Full water, because I didn't know what to expect. Took forever, so I'd say it's definitely safe to discount if you soap cool. Fragrance is from Southern Soapers. Used TD (and expecting more white flakes sigh). Disappointed that the 3 log TOG mold couldn't hold the batch. I probably lost a cup of soap that oozed out the sides and corners and it's only the fourth log I've made in it. The fifth was worse. Will see just how stained it is should it not spring another leak.

[ATTACH]15888[/ATTACH]

post-23-13945844822_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks!

E -- Not intentionally, but thought I'd stick some gold in there since it's part of the FO name.

CBE -- Right now, in the 15th hour it's a little light, but it may be losing it's heat and with the gypsy rose next to it, well, they smell the same lol.

SB -- I swirl in the pot and then in the log, so a thick trace is out of the question. Didn't say TT with the directions, but then I didn't get directions either lol. Either way, I think the mold is shot after only five logs. May try some other things and see if that works, but babysat this and the other mold for about 1 1/2 hours in the wee morning hours after I saw the leaking. A mold should accommodate soap of any kind. I think I'll stick with the plastics of Jeff and Rich.

May try some other things and see if that works, but babysat this and the other mold for about 1 1/2 hours in the wee morning hours after I saw the leaking. A mold should accommodate soap of any kind. I think I'll stick with the plastics of Jeff and Rich.

OMG, that is utter crap. You are so right, a soap mold should not leak at all, mine never have. Unfortunately, I've been reading a lot of bad TOG reviews.

Thanks for putting this out there; caveat emptor!

e

Your soap is gorgeous!! I have had issues on occasion with the triple TOG mold leaking also.....and try to pour at a thicker trace so I don't have to deal with it. I did make 3 logs in it yesterday with no problems....but next time I use it...who knows...could leak again! Anyway that is why I went with Silvermoon molds because I don't want a mold dictating to me at what thickness I can pour...LOL

Silvermoon is the silicone right? If so, I couldn't give them the right measurement on the mold, because all three logs are different sizes with the middle one curving in. Weirdness, but I'm not getting square bars from it.

Silvermoon is the silicone right? If so, I couldn't give them the right measurement on the mold, because all three logs are different sizes with the middle one curving in. Weirdness, but I'm not getting square bars from it.

You aren't getting square bars with the TOG? Silvermoon has some standard size log molds that are like 20L x 3.25W x 2.75 high that make the same size bar as my TOG. I ordered custom ones from them that are 17L x 13w x 2.75 high that I split down into 4 logs with my log splitter. They are quoting me a double log right now that I will split into 2 logs and I am ordering the single log at the same time as I order the double.

ETA....I only pour 2.5 high so have a 1/4" leftover extra space on the top

Weird isn't it? On the Of A Woman, you can see how the sides go \_/ (not that drastically, but it's crooked a little.

Yea that is weird and quiet honestly would piss me off to no end....and my OCD would not allow that at all....LOL I think I would be contacting Mr TOG...right quick too! LOL For what you paid for that mold...it should be perfecto!

It does, but not going that avenue. We have a faulty mold that got faultier and we tinkered with it to try to make it work better and bottom line it doesn't and never did from the start, but since we messed with it, why should he remotely fix it? We messed it with after the first pour leaked some and after the second log poured (the Of A Woman). The Apple Jack & Peel worked fine in the third log of that mold, but then we could never get the damn thing back together again after trying to clean it, so when we did, the pins wouldn't stick into place, anywhere.

It's just been the mold from hell, lol.