ky para soy votive blend

Does anyone know what the blend percentages are? I'm just wanting to know how much paraffin and how much soy. Not specific waxes. I would like to know so that I know if I can label it the same way I label my own blend or if I will need to add more soy or more parafin to achieve approx the same percentages in my personal blend. Does anyone follow this at all cause I'm not sure I'm making sense.

TIA

Jenn

Ky is one of the suppliers that give very little if any info about what is in their blends.

I was worried someone would say that. I had already emailed them asking just the percentages and told them I wanted to know nothing else and they didn't answer. Anways...I guess I will probably mix in more soy for my peace of mind so that I can call it soy blend rather than para soy.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I will probably mix in more soy for my peace of mind so that I can call it soy blend rather than para soy.

You're not afraid you'll alter its performance?

Since you brought it up, how are you using this wax? I make votives and someone is sending me a couple pounds to try out. I've got 36-24-24z and LX12 wicks that I'll try first, though I haven't seen anyone else using those in this wax.

Darbla

I'm not technically using the wax at this point. I am only testing. which is why I wouldn't be worried about blending it because I should be able to detect different performances in comparison to the straight para soy that I have tested with a bit already. Plus I don't make votives at least not at this point--I would only be using it for melts. HTH

Jenn

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 36-24-24z and LX12 wicks that I'll try first, though I haven't seen anyone else using those in this wax.

Darbla

I had only had LX14 and larger on hand when I first tested it, and I tried the LX14 and it did pretty good, but the votive container got hotter towards the end. I think LX10 or LX12 would work fine. Right now I am testing it with Eco wicking.