What is the difference between CP & CPOP

bubbletub

I know what the methods are is there a difference in texture etc?

The reason I am asking is I made a batch about two weeks ago (CP) no zap, reading ph7 but my hands feel tight when I use it. So after doing some reading I found out that CP needs at least 4 weeks to mellow. I was wondering if I could use the same recipe that I used for CP for CPOP and I would get quicker results regarding the tightness? I hope that makes sense (it does in my head :o )

One more question for those who line their molds and do CPOP can u use painters drop sheets(the thin ones) in the oven at 170 temp? Is Pam cooking spray ok in oven too?

Thanks so much for helping. :wink2:

I do all of my batches CPOP with the exception of my goat's milk soap. CPOP is somewhat combining the CP & HP methods because you are cooking it to force a complete gel sooner. You can use CPOP sooner, shouldn't get the tightness, but I still cure mine for a min. of 4 weeks to make the bars harder.

As for a liner, I just use wax paper. Have been using it for a couple of years now and it works great for me. I put it in at 170 for 2-3 hours depending on how soon it reaches full gel. Some FO's gel quicker than others. Pull it out and let it sit until the next day, cut and cure. HTH

April

I havent used it in the shower because its only 2 weeks old, I kinda get the inpression i should wait til it gets four weeks old.

Here are the number for my recipe

Hardness 44

cleasing 16

cond 52

bubble 16

creamy 27

iodine 57

ins 147

I am not a fan of CPOP, I got lots of little bubbles on top and had problems with overheating. A good water discount and waiting six weeks will give you nice, firm soap. I don't see that you can speed the process; HP is ready for immediate use but is too soft until it gets a good cure as well.

Bottom line, CPOP created more problems for me than it solved, but that's just my experience.

e