Need more bubbles (lather) in my M&P

TxGirl

I'm using SFIC white melt & pour. I love this soap, excellent qualities, super creamy, but it needs more bubbles. How would I go about achieving this? I've tried the extra CO and that didn't really help. Thank you in advance. I'm going to search the threads, but went ahead and posted a new thread in case I can't find anything.

Castor oil makes the lather creamy, it doesn't add any more lather or bubbles. For lots of lather I add vegetable glycerin about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per lb of M&P base. A little goes a long way. And the glycerin is cheap. Most soap supply companies carry it.

I am still watching this thread - thanks for the help.

My glycerin came in today. I am going to try 1 batch with the extra glycerin, one batch without. Also I'm testing a different MP base. The first bases were SFIC. These I got today are Crafter's Choice that came from wholesale supplies plus. I have Snowdrift bases coming next week. I am testing several before I settle on one certain brand.

I was wondering ... So the glycerin that's already in the soap base is what makes the lather? And by adding a tiny bit more it increases the lather? Glycerin is an oil though isn't it? I thought oils inhibit the lather.

Forgive me for being so dumb. I am trying to figure this all out. :P Thanks again for the help.

I like the idea of adding a sliver of shaving soap that someone suggested too.

This reminds me of when i started making candles and knew nothing. lol

I used to make SFIC shea and SFIC goat's milk soap. I always added SFIC shaving soap to each batch for extra bubbles. It's been years since I made M&P so I don't remember how much, but I wouldn't think more than 25% at most. The beauty of adding SFIC shaving soap is it really doesn't matter if you use a bit too much or maybe even not quite enough. If doesn't mess it up. You still have wonderful soap.