New Peak FOs

Camay

OK, they arrived today.

My main interest was the Passionfruit Guava.

To me, it has a bit of a soapy smell OOB. I put some in a glass dish and onto my candle warmer just to get a sense of the scent and found even heated it had a bit of a soapy smell and a couple times I actually wondered if it was Cool Citrus Basil. It's not super strong, but again, I haven't tried it in my wax yet, that'll take a week or two.

The Summer Orange Flower... it seems strong, it is definitely a floral, I was expecting more orange notes for some reason. I personally don't care for it, but that, by no means, means it's a bad fragrance oil.

• 6 months later...

It is not a very strong orange scent. It seems to be an orange blossom floral. It is very nice, and Cathie really liked it in soaps. I am pouring some in candles this afternoon, and I will let you all know how it turns out.

Cathie gave some MP soaps for Christmas gifts this year, and the two women in her office who got the Summer Orange Blossom ones have asked us for more, so that's a good sign. One says her Husband wants her to get more, and the other claims the boss likes it!

I will report back on the candles (Votives) and let you all know how it works.

I made a batch of votives yesterday. The scent was quite strong and very floral. The FO did not misbehave or anything like that. I used 4794 votive wax, and 2/3 oz pp of the fragrance.

I usually go at least two, and preferably three days before a test burn. That means probably Tuesday, if I can get the time free that day. I poured with wick pins, so all I have to do is find the right wick, and then load up the others. These are for personal use, and friends, so I am not worried about whether the candles look perfect, but I won't compromise on the burn tests.

I poured Heather, Fruit Slices, Summer Orange Flower, and Nag Champa yesterday. (All from Peaks) This Morning, I thought I could smell the Summer Orange Flower more than the other three. I might use this at 1/2 oz pp in the future. I will see what the throw is like.

Dave

I lit the Summer Orange Flower about two hours ago. The cold throw was decent with the 4794 votive wax at 2/3 oz pp. It wasn't overpowering, but it was strong. The hot throw is pretty nice. It is a slightly more delicate scent than some of the sinus clearing florals, but it is still a strong thrower. I have a bit of a head cold, and I have been pouring the past four days, so I have a bit of candlenose right now. I can still catch the scent pretty well in the bathroom it is burning in. Somebody who hasn't been around candles all week just described it as "Pleasantly strong". They have a pretty accurate nose.

Dave

I tried the summer orange flower in palm wax and it was outrageously strong, so much so that I had to blow it out because it was giving me a headache. I'm currently hunting for an accurate orange blossom scent and this wasn't it. I'm in AZ and have had so many requests for an orange blossom because of the orange trees here. I smell the real thing all the time since we have orange trees in our backyard and this doesn't smell like a true orange blossom, it has more musk to it. It's a nice smell but I would definitely cut back a bit if I try it again in palm wax!

• 1 month later...

Following up on the Summer Orange Blossom... After being away from candles for a few weeks, I lit one up, and I would describe it as a very strong floral. I am from Michigan, so I know nothing about real orange blossoms, but this scent smells like a sharp tropical floral. I gave some votives to trusted friends for further testing. They all liked the scent to varying degrees. It was mentioned that it was a good votive scent, but might be strong in a large pillar. I will be getting another bottle of this with my upcoming peaks order.

A buddy of mine commented to Cathie that it reminded him of "Pretty women with big flowers in their hair". Can't get a more detailed review than that!