What's Your Price Now???...

Those of you who make soy candles, 8oz and 16oz..

Wondering what your current prices are?? Have you all raised your prices yet??

I know each area of the country is different in regards to prices...

But I have seen so many off the chart prices on soy candles lately,

and I am curios to what others are charging now.... :tongue2:

My 8oz JJ is 8.00 and 16oz JJ $12.00

(raising the price of my 16oz jar on 7/1)

I saw one site with plain old JJ candles double their price to.....

8oz JJ (soy) to $14.00 and their 16oz JJ to $23.00!!!:shocked2:

The 16 oz apothecary to $32.00..

My 8 oz is $8 except during the summer I sell them at $7. Come fall they are back to $8.

My 16 oz are $14. Can't justify going lower than that. I have been seriously considering discontinuing my 16 oz cause nobody buys them anymore. Even when they were at a lower price last year they didn't sell well.

My 8 oz is my biggest seller.

I do not do the JJ any more but I did raise my prices but not to the extent and that you found.

I am just going to take less of a profit till things settle and then we will see how much I have to go up or down to stay in business.

My prices were $6.50 for JJ or 3 for $18, but I recently raised them to $7.25 or three for $20. My wax has gone up since I last purchased and I just started doing home parties, so I figured it would be easier to raise now before people start buying than to have to raise afterwards. No one complained at those prices.

Steph

Steph

I have been seriously considering discontinuing my 16 oz cause nobody buys them anymore. Even when they were at a lower price last year they didn't sell well.

I am finding that my 8oz are selling better now.

People are buying smaller for sure.

I am adding a 8oz wickless line to try and make up for the slow selling 16oz.

I do not do the JJ any more but I did raise my prices but not to the extent and that you found.
I was shocked at those prices??

Nothing fancy either, just your basic jar and lid!!

They were half that price last year!!

I recently raised them to $7.25 or three for $20.
That is a great deal!!

My 8 oz jj go for $8 and my 16 oz JJ go for 13.95. However, since I have a huge inventory of both at the moment I've reduced my pricing to barely above wholesale in order to get rid of inventory and make room for a nursery. So, my in stock products (IN STOCK ONLY) are as follows:

8 oz JJ are 6.50 each or 2 for $11

16 oz JJ are 8.00

Once the ones in stock are gone though they are gone and then I will be doing apothecary jars only.

That big of an increase, could it be from the higher cost of shipping and wax combined with foreshadowing needing more cash soon for the increases? Are they preplanning to have enough cash to cover for another buy?

I'm not a soy-er so I don't know how the price of the wax goes, but I've read a bit how it keeps going up.

I haven't raised my prices yet - had raised them slightly earlier after Christmas this year. I am afraid what I will see when I crunch the numbers! I will, however, try to keep the prices reasonable for customers even if I have to take a small hit on my profit margin. Would rather do that and keep the same level of business than to raise prices too much and lose customers...

Would rather do that and keep the same level of business than to raise prices too much and lose customers...

That is exactly how I feel..

It's all about a quality candle at an affordable price..

That is how I started out, and hope to remain. :cool2:

I can't imagine their customers are too happy about the increase!

If they are their customers anymore.. Ya know.....

We left the jelly jar at $7.95 but went up to $17.95 on our 18oz Apothecary. The increase doesn't seem to have impacted sales too much... I have actually started selling more of the 26oz candle.. go figure on that one - it is currently 22.95 but it will be going up a dollar or two soon.

I'm thinking I need to go up on the Jelly Jar soon... just hate to do that one... as I think it sells so well because of the price. *Sigh*

Take care,

Chele