Networking Events

I am going to an Networking Event on the 11th of July, and I'm trying to figure out what to bring besides business cards. I thought maybe passing out business cards with a votive, what do you think?

A little about the event, vendors will be there (hopefully I'll be one at the next event), there will be vendors in the following areas of beauty and makeup artists, massage therapists, manicurists and nail techs and more. The event requires a ticket which is 25 a person or 2 for 40. The price includes food, drinks, music and plenty of networking.

If you have been to a networking event, how was it?

Never heard of one of these but in my area there are Quarter Auctions.You can buy things for a quarter or sometimes more than that. They have baskets made up with everyone's products and you can also make up one of just your products.They are auctioned and it gets your products out there but the problem is doesn't seem to be potential clients but may be I am wrong. I have been invited to join 2 groups and both in my county. Have no idea why they don't combine. I do believe one person started one and the other started another.I did go by a event one night and WOW the cars were everywhere. Parking lot was full. I am going to get involved and maybe will learn something if nothing else.I do know there is only one other candle lady but it is a big company she wholesales with. Others who do belong come and ask me to join them.

THis sounds like a good opportunity.

LynnS

I did one of these this past April through our chamber of commerce. I took business cards and promotional items (brochures ,ect..) I made little sachet envelopes with my business info stamped on them. We were allowed to sell and I ended up doing pretty good for what little I brought :wink2:

I made quite a few new customers, not to mention the networking with other businesses. I used it to promote my wholesale & fundraising programs. I plan to do at least one every year ,you can write off on your taxes too :D as an advertising expense. You never know what doors it could open for you :smiley2:

I like the business card and votive idea. Anytime you can get your product in front of people, it is a good thing. I would somehow package the votive with your information on it, because the person you give it to may give it to someone else. Also, this is good if they decide to slip the votive into a purse, pocket, or briefcase. Good Luck!

These all sound like great ideas. In addition to handing out your merchandise/cards/samples, you may want to let them sign up for a mailing list (with maybe free shipping for first time orders?).

Also what I have found to be very beneficial, walk around and personally introduce yourself to each of the vendors. Be prepared to take some time for this. If you can have someone to watch your booth, you won't need to "rush." You can also provide them with a card...and take on of theirs. This way they can put a name to a face and the relationship becomes more personable. Then after the event, be sure to follow up.

I have made some great friends and business opportunities this way.

Good luck!!

My above post I said nothing like this in my area but today picked up the local paper and a business expo is about 30 miles from me.SO I go on-line to read about it.The highest cost for booth and 1 table and chair is $5,000, then $3500, $2500, 1000, 500 and finally my speed $250.00.Thought I would never see what I could afford. This one is July 10. Kinda to soon for me. Have a show next week-end.One day only thank goodness and re-doing 300 packs of tarts and need to replinish candles.

For $250.00 and considering the other prices I Am sure I would be in the very last booth if I signed up.

Cozyaromas,You are getting a good deal for $25.00

LynnS

One thing I'd ask, is that since you aren't a vendor, will you be allowed to hand out your sample items? I don't know how these things work, in any form or fashion, but it sounds like you are going as a visitor, do they routinely let visitors give out business info?