New Labels

That is way too much writing on the lable. People want to see the colors and beauty if the candle, not have a book about it's maker on their coffee table. The front part looks good. That's all you need, a good picture describing your fragrance. If you need to have a bar code, move it to the bott0m where the warning lable is. if it's in a 16 oz jar, their will be plenty of room along with all the burning instructions.

Well, I added the about me section to help sell my story as well as the candles but to tell you the truth, this label wraps all the way around the candle and after talking with consumers, they were either going to want a label that only went halfway around the candle or one that was removable. I don't want my candle to be label-less so I may just take that whole section out since that is how you guys feel and it would help with that situation. I am however going to be stubborn on the black and white. I really like it and all the consumers in my area that I spoke with liked the look of the label except that it wrapped almost all the way around the candle. If the text is rubbing you guys the wrong way that bad, I will take out the about section and work on making what print (candle care) a little larger so it wont be as harsh.

You guys know, the more I look at it, the more it is starting to bother me. I will definitely have to do something about the issue.

Actually, the UPC code that you see was just filler until I got my actual UPC codes but, I have decided against UPC codes all together so that will be replaced with something else. The UPC route was WAY too EXPENSIVE. They wanted $750 for my first year and like $350 per year for every other year and that was for only 6 bar codes. I need close to 120 since you have to have one barcode for each fragrance, size, and product.

I played around with your image a little just changing it to white background w/black writing (hope you dont mind-I really agree with what everyone else has said. As nice as it looks overall, its just hard for some people to read. So here it is, a slight black border (not particularly even since it was a quick job), a peach border around the peach pic and the barcode taken out.

georgiapeach.jpg

Just another hint, I know you probably dont want to re-do your labels since you have already put so much work into them, but they will print so much better if they are done at a 300 dpi (your image was done at 72 dpi (otherwise you may see bleeding of colors, especially wth the black and have issues with clarity when printing) Trust me, I have been there! ;)

Gosh I just cant tell you enough how much I like the way it looks with a white background. I think it represents your name Southern Scents so much better. As someone else mentioned, its kind of like that website you stumble upon that has a black background and white writing. It is so hard to read. I sort of think blue and white country when I think of Southern Scents, although that may not be the image you wanted, its what I "see."

I hope you do great with your biz!