New Labels

I have been working on both my labels and my site. My site is not done but my labels are very close. Just need to add a few pieces of info to each one. There is a different picture for each of my 20 year round fragrances. Here are just a few of them .Tell me what you think of the colors, etc, please. TIA

post-6473-139458448108_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458448111_thumb.jpg

post-6473-139458448112_thumb.jpg

Well, that was what my issue had been, INK$$$$$$$$. Well, my mom does photography and we bought a photo printer for printing proofs on. Well, it just so happens that they sell the large ink tanks, a CIS system, that holds the equivelent of 60 cartridges in one tank for only $50. We bought one and it has been a blessing for my labels and proofs. So much cheaper. Replacing all 7 cartridges would have cost $50 and this entire system only cost that much.

As far as paper, I am printing on high gloss, full sheet, labels from onlinelabels.com and cutting them myself. Definitely a time consuming process that won't work for too long. I will eventually have to get them professionally printed.

I would change the font. Otherwise they look good from what I can see of them.

Which font, the one that I have used for the titles and the business name? Or the one that is under those titiles. The one under the titles is Times New Roman so that it would be easier to read and I used the Script MT Bold on the titles to tie the sections of the label in with the logo/business name.

Which font, the one that I have used for the titles and the business name? Or the one that is under those titiles. The one under the titles is Times New Roman so that it would be easier to read and I used the Script MT Bold on the titles to tie the sections of the label in with the logo/business name.

Yes, the titles and business name.

Yes, the titles and business name.

Well, I would but this had been the font that I have stuck with since the beggining. It was the only thing that I wouldn't change.

As far as barcodes, those are just filler so I could see what the labelwould look like I may end up removing a barcode alltogether though. They want 750.00 for the first year and like 350 every year after just for 6 barcodes. I need hmmmm 120 since you have to have one for each fragrance by their rules.

Neither my mom nor I took all of the photos. A couple we did take but the rest are all royalty free stock photos that I purchased the rights to just for this.

My mom who does photography does more senior portraits, weddings, and individual shots. She does some random shots of flowers, and things such as that but we didn't have enough of the right pictures to respresent all 20 fragrances.

Actually, the labels are dry as soon as the sheet is done printing. As far as rubbing, there has not been an issue yet. They won't be water proof but I am okay with that. None of my 5 products are made to be used close to water any way. I may end up trying some with some acrylic spray paint and see if it makes any difference.

They look good from I could see, but my bone with them are:

1) I can't really tell what the scent is and I think it's too hidden (despite pictures) in the lower righthand corner. Right? That's where the scent is?

1a) THose purple flowers could probably be anything so what were they? The orange ... what's the berries behind them? I didn't really pay attention to the third one.

2) While you have black and white as theme colors, it's harder to read the white lettering as opposed to black. That's a standard in the industry I'm in. What would the alternative be? Maybe just black lettering on a clear background? Maybe not, since it's going to be tiny print anyway. Just thinking the middle could have your black background as I do like the look of it around your picture etc., but all of that small white print would (and did) drive me bonkers.

These old eyes can't read that for crap. Even after Scented said lower right I still couldn't find the scent. I'm not sure how I would rearrange it, but I don't like all the black.

I'm only guessing at lower right, because it looked like something was there, but I couldn't tell what.

Going to add, if that second one is Cranberry Craze ... why is an orange the main part of the photo? And the third one makes me think of a farm on the prairie and not southern breeze ... think that's what the photo was named.

Yes, my fragrance ame is in the lower right hand corer. On some of the pictures, the fragrance does tend to blend in and that is one of the things I am working on. The size for the fragrance name is 18.9 so it is easier to read in person. Another thing with the labels is, they are 2.5" X 10.5" so they are large enough size that the white text on the black background is readable. The flowers are lavender. The orange is on top of cranberries. The fragrance name is cranberry craze, with the fragrance consisting of a very orangy, citrusy, cranberry fragrance. As far as the font being small, an actual proof reveals that the font is actually quite large. On the third picture it is picture of sunset prarie type thing with a windmill.

Let Me attatch actual size pictures and that might give you guys a better view. I am also going to take some picture of them on candles and upload them.

Here is a copy that is a larger size and better resolution. It may just be me but they almost look blurry but then again, I have been canning pickles for the last four hours. It may have just been the output that I used.

PS, the about me section is in the works. That is something I typed placed there just so I could show the label to locals and see what they thought. It will be changed and hopefully shorter so the font can be a little larger.

post-6473-139458448127_thumb.jpg

I'm with Scented, my eyes have a hard time adjusting, must be the over 40 thing for me. But I do notice your information in the paragraph is centered, I would justify it not center it. That might be part of my eye adjustment problem. In my opinion, text that is centered should not be a paragraph.