Best way to even out a slab full of soap?

asheebeans

I just cut my first bars from my new Upland slab (I must say I am loving the swirls you can get in a slab!!) but a few were uneven....even a bit smaller on one side compared to the other. Is there any way to even things out a bit? Should I tap it on the counter a few times like I do with HP or will that mess with my swirls too much? Any tips would be much appreciated!

p.s. I wish I could take some cut pics, I still can't believe what pretty swirls I got! Hubby decided to use up all the batteries & not tell me. :angry2: Grrrr....

Yup I actaully bang my mold a couple times on the cement ground in my basement where I work, it gets any air bubbles out and kinda evens it all and it doesnt mess up my swirls at all :D I guess I should say I have a wood slab mold so I don't know the constuction of a upland but tapping or banging whatever works!

Sandy~WI

Make sure you still have your eye protection on when you slam it on the ground or counter. If there are any bubbles in there they can jump out of the soap and get you. I've had them land on my goggles before.

That a good point! I should of said that when explaining how I did it, I just assumed everyone would know that but I shouldn't assume :embarasse I don't take off any of my protective gear until I'm done with everything which encludes washing all my pots and utensils. :smiley2:

Sandy~WI

Make sure you still have your eye protection on when you slam it on the ground or counter. If there are any bubbles in there they can jump out of the soap and get you. I've had them land on my goggles before.

I use a level to make sure my slab mold is actually level before pouring the soap in it. I always even it out with folded paper or a really skinny pot holder I have. Then all I have to do is bang it on the counter a couple of time after pouring.