Soap Mold

CBE

I just have to give kudos to itsmejeffd!! It's time to bow down to the master! :bow: I have been itchin' for a new mold, and I'm so glad I got with him to create the mold of my dreams. :) 18 bars with dividers, no more lining! Woot Woot!! And it was made in a jumpin' jack FLASH too. She's on her way to me now, and I can't wait to get her in to bless her with her first batch of soap! :D Jeff, thanks for the awesome service, knowing I probably made your eyes bleed with all the rambling I did in the communications. :wink2: I just had to share the beauty with everyone.

Here's the diva in all her glory....

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

With the lid on:

DSCN0084.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous??!!!

This one makes 3.5 x 2.5 x 1 bars.

That's the size bars that I make!! I've been looking at molds with dividers for my Christmas present! If you don't mind me asking, around what price did you pay? And how do you contact the moldmaker? Thanks in advance!

That's the size bars that I make!! I've been looking at molds with dividers for my Christmas present! If you don't mind me asking, around what price did you pay? And how do you contact the moldmaker? Thanks in advance!

Price depends on what you want. :) This one here cost me about 100 buckaroos. But it's custom made for ME. Tailored to the size I wanted... plus the dividers, plus the lid... etc. He makes them the way YOU want it. :) And the best part is...no lining!! You know how much I'll save in trash bags (don't do freezer paper anymore, that crap was a nightmare for me to use)! I just know after I soap with this I'll probably be selling my TOG molds to buy more Jeff Molds. lmao

You can contact jeff by PM here on CT. He's a doll to work with. :D

Thank you for your kind words Donna, GG & Diamond K. Diamond, how in the world have you had your molds for this long and not used them yet? I'm very disappointed in you. Don't forget that even though they're "linerless" molds, they still need to be broken in or "seasoned". Coat the surfaces with PAM or mineral oil before pouring the first 6 to 8 times you use the mold. After that, your soap will come out nice and easy.

Oh I've been meaning to post that I too got a new divider mold from Jeff. It's truly a delight to work with and very well made.

Yea, you do need to lube the parts at first, but I recall going through that with my kelsei molds too - after a few batches I stopped doing it except once in a while when it occurred to me I'd give it a bit of a lube again. I know we say that veggie oils like Pam aren't supposed to work since they saponify - but somehow they do work anyway.

(oh and if you forget to lube at first - well then you get to practice that fine art of PATIENCE. It's a virtue. but your soap WILL come out eventually. Ask me how I know ;) )

Thank you for your kind words Donna, GG & Diamond K. Diamond, how in the world have you had your molds for this long and not used them yet? I'm very disappointed in you. Don't forget that even though they're "linerless" molds, they still need to be broken in or "seasoned". Coat the surfaces with PAM or mineral oil before pouring the first 6 to 8 times you use the mold. After that, your soap will come out nice and easy.

Well Jeff it is like this. lol I got the molds put together and was figuring out the size of batch I would need for the molds. Then I went and fell in my driveway and couldn't use one of my arms for a few weeks. Now I am trying to get ready for the county flea market. I have been dieing to soap using your molds.

Can you tell me what size batch I need to use and then maybe I can see if I am right? lmao TIA

If I remember, you got 2 molds. An 18 bar and 9 bar both having the same bar measurement of 2.5 x 3.5 x 1. The 18 bar mold will hold 6 lbs of finished soap and the 9 bar mold will hold 3 lbs. Remember, that's finished batch of soap weight, not just oils.

Well Jeff it is like this. lol I got the molds put together and was figuring out the size of batch I would need for the molds. Then I went and fell in my driveway and couldn't use one of my arms for a few weeks. Now I am trying to get ready for the county flea market. I have been dieing to soap using your molds.

Can you tell me what size batch I need to use and then maybe I can see if I am right? lmao TIA

wow...that's a piece of art! and STRAIGHT dividers...what a concept. :yay:

how deep is the mold itself? possible to do 36 bars in there pouring it full and cutting horizontally?

The dividers are 2.5" deep but I don't recommend pouring any deeper than 1.5" because you need room to grip the dividers. If you want to pour 2" deep, I can make the mold and dividers 3". That's what I did for Grumpy Girl and Care Bear. It cost slightly more and that amount would depend on the size of the mold.

Actually, I've just started to make the molds shorter by a 1/2" for a couple reasons. 1 - Less air between the soap and lid cuts down the chance of ashing. 2 - Using less material (and keeping the same quality) helps me avoid raising prices. The cost of the HDPE I use increased 8% this month and is expected to go up another 12% next month.

I received my custom mold from Jeff :yay: ! It was wonderful working with him as well. It is humongous though lol! I think I may have sent the wrong measurements in because I was basing it off a long domino holder that was definitely much smaller than what I got. I should have mailed it to you Jeff LOL! But this mold is wonderful!!

:o

Angi

I received my custom mold from Jeff :yay: ! It was wonderful working with him as well. It is humongous though lol! I think I may have sent the wrong measurements in because I was basing it off a long domino holder that was definitely much smaller than what I got. I should have mailed it to you Jeff LOL! But this mold is wonderful!!

:o

Angi

Angi,

The length and width should be exactly what you gave me. I know it's deeper but it needs to be to support the hardware that holds it together. You should still be able to get the same size bars you were getting out of your domino box.