Source for 16 oz wide mouth canning jars

LisaW

Looking for these off season. I know I can get them at Walmart and just about any hardware store, etc. during canning season, but what about after that? I'm in the Houston area and don't want to have to pay shipping not to mention shipping all the way from Fillmore which is the next closest place I know of.

TIA,

LisaW

Our Wal Mart and grocery stores were out of almost all canning jars until this past week. Now they have them just about everywhere around here. The only thing I could think of was maybe because of berry season they were out of stock? You might want to call around just to see if your stores have them again.

Contact the Manager at your local Wal-Mart store and tell them you will need canning jars in October'ish (for example) be sure and get the SKU# off of the box. He should give you a 1-800# and you can order them over the phone and that way you can just go pick them up and not have to pay shipping. Just be sure and verify that you can get them that time of year. I had them order in some containers about 2 years ago and everything worked out fine. Hope this helps!!

Actually I did check with my local Walmart last year (I also use the Ball Elite 8 oz jars) and they told me they could only order them for me during canning season which is over around August. I'll check with them again, but I think they're getting a little tired of me asking.

I'll check with Ace hardware and see if I can order from them year round.

Thanks,

LisaW

Our Walmart has not carried the 1/2 pint wide mouth jars so far this year. We've been told by our Walmart that we could order jars all year around. Of course, when we do order, they never come in so we gave up on that idea and I am working on slowly phasing these jars of mine out. I've looked online for the Ball or Kerr manufacturer to try to go directly to the source, but I can not find any information.

Try doing a search on a search engine for Ball Platinum Elite 16 oz Jars or change it to 8 oz if that is what you want. I came up with a lot of places that sell them.

Also try this http://www.freshpreserving.com/pages/where_to_buy/24.php

It tells you where you can buy online and locally at the grocery store.

HTH,

Chauna

I can find places that sell that them but I wanted to buy direct from the manufacturer - and cut out the middle man to hopefully get enough of a savings that make up for the cost of shipping.

I have found the website you listed but they only list stores that carry them which not all stores they list carry them and they are still only seasonal. These stores have to get them from somewhere. Where they get them from is what I am looking for.

Meridith, sounds like you and I are in the same boat. If I was just playing around with candles and didn't need a steady source the options listed on this post would be fine, but I order 36 - 50 cases at a time so that's not really an option for me. I did email Arkansas Glass to find out about their 16 oz jars. They look perfect (wide mouth) and I figure they may be more readily available. I'll give Ball a call later. Off to run errands now. I'll let you know what I find out if you don't get hold of them first.

Thanks,

LisaW

Meridith, sounds like you and I are in the same boat. If I was just playing around with candles and didn't need a steady source the options listed on this post would be fine, but I order 36 - 50 cases at a time so that's not really an option for me. I did email Arkansas Glass to find out about their 16 oz jars. They look perfect (wide mouth) and I figure they may be more readily available. I'll give Ball a call later. Off to run errands now. I'll let you know what I find out if you don't get hold of them first.

Thanks,

LisaW

I could not even find a contact listing for Ball or Kerr - just companies that carry canning jars. I hope you can find out more than I did. :)

Ok, so I got stuck on the endless loop on the customer service line so I called Ace Hardware (I'm sure TrueValue would be the same, Ace is just the closest to my house). I was told they carry them year round and I can order from them. Woo-Hoo! Guess I answered my own question. Hope this helps, Meridith.

LisaW

Ok, so I got stuck on the endless loop on the customer service line so I called Ace Hardware (I'm sure TrueValue would be the same, Ace is just the closest to my house). I was told they carry them year round and I can order from them. Woo-Hoo! Guess I answered my own question. Hope this helps, Meridith.

LisaW

I don't know if we have a True Value or Ace Hardware here or nearby. It's worth checking into. Thanks for the info. :)

These disappeared last year and I had a terrible time finding them. Ball & Kerr were both bought out by Jarden Corporation, of which Jarden Branded Consumables is a subsidiary...

Jarden Branded Consumables:

Jarden Branded Consumables, based in Rye, New York, is part of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH). Comprised of five dynamic, entrepreneurial companies, Jarden Home Brands, First Alert, The Lehigh Group, Loew-Cornell and The United States Playing Card Company, we market some of the most widely recognized and established household brands in niche consumer categories such as fire and home safety, leisure activities and fresh preserving.

You could try speaking with the store manager of any of the companies in your area which carry these at the link Chauna provided above to order a number of cases or call Jarden Home Brands or Jarden Branded Consumables directly for pallets of 'em...

http://www.jardenbrandedconsumables.com/contact-us.php

http://www.jardenhomebrands.com/

http://www.jardenbrandedconsumables.com/jarden-home-brands.php

LisaW

Yup, I went through this... two years ago now? Ace carries a good range of jars, stocked, all year and can order whatever quantities you want. Everyone else was flaky answering me if they could get me more out of season. I think I went EVERYWHERE trying to track them down.

-Kristi

We have spoken to numerous Walmart managers that promise us they can order them but apparently are totally incompetent at getting that done or they are liars. I think a little of both. We even spoke with the regional manager who assured us they could do this and then directed the manager to get it done. But to this day, not one Walmart manager has made good on that. Apparently Walmart does not want my business. This has been going on for 5 years and now this canning season, they are not even stocking the widemouth jars. :angry2:

As for the other listings from the website Chauna posted, those stores do not carry the jars I am looking for - the widemouth. Some don't even carry any canning jars nor do they want to order them. Where's customer service when you need it. :undecided

But I did not know that Ball was bought out by Jarden. Thanks!

These disappeared last year and I had a terrible time finding them. Ball & Kerr were both bought out by Jarden Corporation, of which Jarden Branded Consumables is a subsidiary...

You could try speaking with the store manager of any of the companies in your area which carry these at the link Chauna provided above to order a number of cases or call Jarden Home Brands or Jarden Branded Consumables directly for pallets of 'em...

http://www.jardenbrandedconsumables.com/contact-us.php

http://www.jardenhomebrands.com/

http://www.jardenbrandedconsumables.com/jarden-home-brands.php