Oil Warmer Questions

Sorry this is so long, but I'm ready to expose my ignorance about these things--I'd never used one until last night. After a customer asked me if I could sell her some oil to use in her warmer, I told her I'd give it a try.

I had a bottle of DPG on hand but had never used it and there were no instructions on the bottle, so I looked online and the only instructions I could find were for making incense and said to use 2-3 parts DPG to 1 part FO, so that's what I tried.

That may be too much FO because about 2 minutes after I had lit the tealight, my DH was yelling at me "What is this stuff? It stinks!!" I went back in the room where he and the oil warmer were, and it was VERY strong (of course it was a FO I liked, so it was fine with me.

So should I use more DPG in relation to the FO? Or was the problem because I used 20 drops of oil in the warmer??!! (They were very small drops and only made a tiny little puddle in the warmer.)

Also, where is a good place to get bottles and droppers? And do you sell 1/2-oz or 1-oz bottles of oils? The best price I've found online came to $0.84 plus shipping and that seems kind of high to me.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share about this.

Jane

Vicky, thanks for the Specialty Bottle recommendation--I had just "found" them last night. I noticed some of the bottles have a "dropper cap" and ssume those are the caps that just have holes in them. Have you tried that style and do they work well or would you recommend the ones with the bulb-top dropper?

And Brenda, do you mind sharing what size bottle you sell? I've been debating between 1 oz and 1/2 oz. I had first thought 1 oz but then found the ones at Bath & Body Works are only 1/3 oz, so I thought perhaps the 1/2 oz size would be better to sell.

Thanks, both of you, for your info.

Jane

The links I gave you they actually have the bulb dropper cap it is one unit I buy a few of the 1/2 ounce with dropper every now and then. I do not sell refresher oils yet but every now and then I need those bottle usually for a kid project.

I have been getting a lot of request lately so I might start making and selling the oils for warmers.

Thanks--I was happy to see that these bottles include the droppers. Everywhere else I had found had the bottles and droppers sold separately and it added up to be a good bit more expensive than these are.

Jane

• 2 weeks later...