A Mechanics Soap

cottoncandy

I would like to make a pumice soap for my son. He drives a log truck and comes home really greasy most times. I have a pretty good recipe, but I would like to add some pumice to it. I have never used it, but I have some fine ground and would like to use it, but I don't know how much I should add. If anyone has used this please let me know how much to add. My recipe makes 2 pounds of soap. Also, when do I add the pumice? Do I add it at trace or mix with my oils? Any and all help is very greatly appreciated.

olive oil 47%

coconut oil 23.5%

palm oil 23.5%

lanolin added at trace 6%

Sandalwood Fragrance oil

TIA

cottoncandy

:confused:

The recipe I use is almost exactly the same. Here it is:

Mechanics Dream Bar

8 ounces olive oil

4 ounces coconut oil

4 ounces palm oil

1 ounce of lanolin added at trace

1 teaspoon finely ground pumice added at trace

1/8 cup finely ground expresso added at trace

2.3 ounces lye

7 ounces water

1 teaspoon Sandalwood Fragrance oil

I use cold coffee instead of water for the lye solution. It helps deodorize as does the expresso. I just grind regular coffee until it is like expresso.

If anyone has used this please let me know how much to add. My recipe makes 2 pounds of soap. Also, when do I add the pumice? Do I add it at trace or mix with my oils? Any and all help is very greatly appreciated.

olive oil 47%

coconut oil 23.5%

palm oil 23.5%

lanolin added at trace 6%

Sandalwood Fragrance oil

TIA

cottoncandy

I make a great pumice soap that my sometimes grubby hubby loves. I use 2 tablespoons of finely ground pumice ppo, and I whisk it into the soap at thick trace, right before I pour. If you add the pumice too early and pour at thin trace, there's a chance that the pumice will sink to the bottom. HTH!

MarieJeanette

The recipe I use is almost exactly the same. Here it is:

Mechanics Dream Bar

8 ounces olive oil

4 ounces coconut oil

4 ounces palm oil

1 ounce of lanolin added at trace

1 teaspoon finely ground pumice added at trace

1/8 cup finely ground expresso added at trace

2.3 ounces lye

7 ounces water

1 teaspoon Sandalwood Fragrance oil

I use cold coffee instead of water for the lye solution. It helps deodorize as does the expresso. I just grind regular coffee until it is like expresso.

Yes, it is almost exactly like mine. I like the idea of the coffee. Think I will try yours. Mine just said pumice, not how much or when. Thanks for the quick answers and help.

cottoncandy