I have a question about beeswax votives and tarts

I make soap and know nothing about making candles. I'm not getting into making them except for beeswax votives and tarts.

I have about 30 pounds of fresh beeswax that I have to render, my brother in law is a bee keeper and I get all his wax. I got some today. (Too bad I don't like honey :smiley2:) I will use most of it in lip balms, etc... but would like to make a few candles. Not for sale, just for myself and family. I was told that I shouldn't make big candles in a jar because beeswax burns hot because it takes a big wick and would break the jar. Is that right?

Please tell me if this is wrong.

I melt the wax, (it will already be melted when I render it) scent it and pour it is a clamshell or a votive mold with a wick, correct? Can anyone reccommend a wick size (for a votive) or type and tell me the best place to get them?

And what % of fragrance oil should I use? I want them to be strong. I like vanilla, cinnamon, and apple pie scents in candles.

Should I color them or leave them natural? I read that burning beeswax candles is actually good for you. Something about negative ions or something like that. They are supposed to clean the air.

Thank you!

I melt the wax, (it will already be melted when I render it) scent it and pour it is a clamshell or a votive mold with a wick, correct? Can anyone reccommend a wick size (for a votive) or type and tell me the best place to get them?

That is right and I used #2 square braided wicks when I did Beeswax votives and about 1oz pp of Fo .

as for coloring you can just remember the wax is already yellow so it may take a bit more dye to make up for that.

HTH