my new labels

ah-soy

I absolutely love your name, logo & fonts. There's 'something' about the whole presentation that looks a little plain, but I just can't put my finger on it. The only thing I keep thinking of is maybe adding a box frame to keep the logo from just floating around. Maybe that's how you want it to look, but I find it a bit distracting from a graphic layout perspective. It's just such an excellent logo that seems like it should be upscale, but the presentation seems more small town crafty. OK, I'll shut up before you hate me!

Susan.

LOL, Susan, I'm not the angry, hating type :D I do kind of like the floating effect and did try it framed, but around the whole label not just the logo. Maybe I'll print up a couple of those and see how it looks.

My other thought on the more upscale jar (not the jelly) was to add a black pre-tied stretch cord with a logo matchbook. With the economy right now though, I don't really want to add to my production costs and have to raise the purchase price...but I do think it would look neat.

I like your look...and the Appleberry Oak works for the flat top jar. As for the jar with the black lid, I wonder if you could do a "country themed line" and keep Hillbilly Homebrew for that, and rename scents specific to that "look." You have to distinct looks going on there. Keep the Soy in the City name (of course) but have a secondary line called "Gone Country" or something for the more down home type scents. I think that would be cool. JMO.

I think your labels are great. I love the clear label - that is what I use. I also like the simplicity of them. The only thing I would do differently is to just put your label on the jelly jar up a little higher. I think the name Soy in the City is great on both.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and compliments. Must give credit where credit is due...Beckie of Studio Beck designed my logo. She also did a second color scheme for me for my spring/pastel colors...the one in the photo will be used on all my earth tone candles. Now if I could just get this fo (Hillbilly Homebrew aka Appleberry Oak) wicked. It's a bugger for some reason!