soy odor vs. soy/par blend

I haven't noticed an odor when the wax is melted. When it is solid there is a very slight "waxy" odor. I have no idea how to explain the odor but it is certainly very faint. That's with my parasoy.

Now the next time I make some I'm going to be standing over the presto trying to smell the wax!!!

I am working with a 50/50 and I can smell the soy. The fragrances ususally cover it but sometimes i can still smell it my nose is picky like that. Yes, its kind of a nuttyness. I don't normally smell it so much in the blends but this one sure does.

I posted a question similar to this awhile back. I have IGI 4794 paraffin for votives, and Green Leaf's 70/30 blend for containers. There is definitely a very noticeable difference in scent quality in those waxes. I have poured the same scents in both waxes, and they will smell radically different. Always worse in the soy blend, and better in the paraffin. It's bad enough that I've decided I won't even consider any more soy waxes.

Darbla

I've noticed that the 415 changes the scent of the FO more than paraffin does. That's OK with food type scents, but I don't like to use it with my florals. Actually, I prefer the paraffin anyway. I really don't want the wax to change any of my FO scents at all.