Hillbilly Homebrew, rename or keep name?

ah-soy

What do you think? The name is a pretty accurate description but not sure will be a draw for sales. I'm thinking of re-naming it Appleberry Oak since it's description says it has notes of apples, berries and oak. What name would make you pick it up and whiff?

thanks, good point too! I have two different style jars...a square glass jar with fitted glass lid...very nice looking and more upscale than my economy line of jelly jars with old time rustic lids. Maybe I'll try the old trick of the same scent with different names and see how people react. Appleberry Oak on the classy jar and Hillbilly Homebrew on the jelly jar...see how it goes

Personally being in Texas, keeping it as Hillbilly Homebrew would work. Like someone said it depends on your area and I guess your personal preference.

Your thought of different jars with different names would work though. Who knows a lot of times people might think they are two totally different scents due to reading the names and thier brains expecting to smell something different. Hope that made sense.

I would never buy something called Hillbilly Home Brew. To me, it boarders on offensive. But, I don't like suggestive names - Sex on the Beach, Lick me all over etc...

I prefer earthy, natural or classy names and those to me just don't jive with that image.

Now Appleberry Oak is very appealing to me. It screams warmth, comfort, natural, earthy - all the things I want in a skin care product.

I agree with the Applberry Oak, that appeals to me big time, but the Hillbilly Homebrew just doesn't make any sense to me. I could never figure out why that name was used for that scent in the first place. When I hear Hillbilly Homebrew the first thing I think of is Moonshine, NOT apple cider!

I like Appleberry Oak. I always prefer to use or change a name based on how it works w/ my packaging, concept & target buyer. Hillbilly Homebrew wouldn't make the cut for me, but I bet it's a great seller for the country craft crowd. I've never passed on a candle based on the name (cause I usually remove the label), but I will pass on a candle based on the container. I know that's pretty stupid, but I just can't handle a mason jar, no matter how great the candle is. Just goes to show you can't please everybody, so you better please yourself!

Susan.

I love the mason jar look, and I would buy a candle for how it smells, not really caring about the name, but obviously everyone has an opinion, and like Susan said, you can never please everybody, to each their own I guess....I don't mind the hillbilly homebrew or the appleberry oak, if it smells good and I like it, I'll buy it!!:) I think your idea of the same scent and two different names is pretty awesome! Then everyone would be happy!! Just my 2 cents worth!!:)

Michele:D

I like the Appleberry Oak. Me and this is just my personal opinion, I just look over those with suggestive names I guess you would call it and don't read a description or anything. There are plenty of other fragrances that I am sure have the same "smell" but do not have those types of names. To me they are just named that to make people buy them when you could just as easily give it a different name. When you are doing a fundraiser for a school or church group that just doesn't sound like any name they would need to be selling so why have them? Not trying to be miss goody two shoes as we call it but they just don't appeal to me. jmho