FO's in amber glass bottles...

beau's mama

What suppliers are still using amber glass for fo's instead of plastic?

The more I order, the more I realize that they are using plastic. That's fine to save a bit on shipping, and it makes sense to me for 4oz and smaller. I just think 8oz and up should be in glass.

People like me (hobbyist) who don't use up fo's quickly end up having to buy glass which just adds to the cost :angry2:. So I'm thinking maybe I need to start looking at those who already use glass. I got some fo a while back from Aztec (I think) and the fo was in PET, and it was a hard, inflexible, glass-like PET. Hmm...maybe I could look for those.

I know WSP uses glass & I think MMS still does.

Who else?

Sweetcakes, WSP, Brambleberry, MMS and I think Tony's...I will gladly pay the extra to have my oils shipped in glass. I store everything in glass. I have accumalated a huge collection of amber glass through the years and just reuse the bottles but find that with all the recent suppliers using plastic, I am starting to actually get low on amber, especially 8 oz size. In my experience oils last so much longer when they are stored properly. The dark hard plastic is nice too but nothing beats an amber glass bottle! :)

Speaking of re-using glass bottles...how do you get the previous scent smell out? I've tried washing and then soaking in plain alcohol (didn't work) and now a bleach water solution? Anyone have another idea?

TIA,

Beverly

I wash them with soap and water, then use alcohol which I leave in the bottle and swish every time I pass it. Then I let it air dry and always use a new cap. A few scents were very hard to get out without repeating the process several times.

Speaking of re-using glass bottles...how do you get the previous scent smell out? I've tried washing and then soaking in plain alcohol (didn't work) and now a bleach water solution? Anyone have another idea?

TIA,

Beverly

Try vinegar. :D Straight vinegar. Let it sit for about a day. Then wash in hot soapy water and let air dry.

I always just use alot of hot soapy water and then usually let them sit a few days, rinse everyday and then redo it again....sometimes I can get the scent out of the caps and other times not. Depends on what it is, most eo's nope, can't reuse, but most fo's the caps will come clean/smell free if you soak them long enough

Sweetcakes, WSP, Brambleberry, MMS and I think Tony's...I will gladly pay the extra to have my oils shipped in glass. The dark hard plastic is nice too but nothing beats an amber glass bottle! :)

That's how I feel. I cringed everytime I went to OT's site cause I knew it was gonna cost me. But I was getting amber glass, so that made it alright. Now I go there and cry cause I know those oils are gonna come in plastic.

I do believe the hard PET (or is it PETE?)...the hard plastic like Glo says she uses would be just fine. I pulled out that old Aztec fo...Orange something or other, and it STILL smells like a freshly peeled, juicy orange!