Alright let's talk pumpkin

Scented

Grrrr ... trying to find something remotely soap friendly here. I am getting what is it? New Pumpkin from TSW. Anyone use it? Other suggested suppliers? Frankly I'm tired of looking and hoping and reading NO.

Oh I will be trying NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter -- forgot I stashed that one.

Backwoods 'Pumpkin Cornbread' that dirtybird mentioned is the only pumpkin in the "scents that rock in CP" thread. I looked when you brought up pumpkin soaps a few days ago! I know there's been more soaped so I wish people would update it (hint hint!). Also don't forget to check the Scent Review Board, since that's 99% reviews in soap.

Darbla

ugh i hated the pumpkin apple butter from NG i bought 8 ounces and used 1 ounce to make some mp soap and omg instant headache, but im not a pumpkiny person either lol i can not make that again, i have it in the classies for 5 bucks, never never again lmao... i do love pumpkin pie though i think that smells great that might be the pumpkin i go to lol

Pumpkin Cornbread by Backwoods is THA BOMB in both candles/CP! Love the stuff!!

My absolute fave in soap is BCN closeout pumpkin pie fragrance but they've been sold out for a while. (thankfully I stocked up before that! :wink2: I'm only using it for soap, and when it is gone I will cry!)

I've used the pumpkin pie spice from AH in both soy and paraffin, and it's one of the strongest fo I've ever tested in soy. It's b&b safe, but I've never put it in cp. I'm just not all that crazy about pumpkin scent for some reason.

The Pumpkin Cornbread is one of those that I wasn't gung ho to try but did put it in cp after reading so many great revews. I was pleasantly surprised at how incredibly clean smelling it is. I've got a couple of bars that I made early last fall, and the scent has held.

Pumpkin patchouli sounds awesome!

Sounds gross, but I hate patchoili.. Mixed Pumpkin with Lavender, sounded yuck too but I was making both and it really smelled good. I think I would like it in soap. I like a spicy pumpkin so I'm sure any I like would not be safe for soap.

Well I love patchouli and thought patch honey and patch chocolate were just wrong, but actually, they're just right. I'm looking forward to a whiff of it (me hopes.)

Will say, NG's Pumpkin Apple Butter is in soap. Will try a pumpkin pie FO if it sticks, survives, lives etc. Hope if it all works that NG's will stand up through the cure.

Hey thanks!

Someone soaped NG's pumpkin apple butter right?

I'm wondering if the pumpkin notes will hold. Rockin smelled the log and said, "Yep that's apple butter."

It's a very nice scent me thinks, but not certain if it will hold the pumpkin through cure. Anyone know?

• 3 years later...

Anybody know of a fresh pumpkin smell with no spice notes. I have already check scent Works and you can only buy in 5lbs. I've also checked google and searched here too and cannot find anything that's not already gone. Thanks for any suggestions.

Pumpkin patchouli sounds awesome!

It was! :( Just to follow up on this thread, the Pumpkin Patch-ouli FO isn't available anymore at JS. It's been a while since I had tried it. As for a straight pumpkin FO I remember one supplier having an exact dupe to the smell of Libby's Pumpkin Pie filling, which for a pumpkin scent is as close to a true pumpkin smell you will get without the "in-your-face" spice notes. But, I can't remember which supplier carried it!? Anyone?

Edited by rctfavr3

This is an old thread! LOL

I have since tried BW Grammy's Yummy Pumpkin in M&P soap and it was so nice. The spice notes are softer and I get more creamy pumpkin. In M&P its awesome. Probably some time this year I will try it out in CP. Its supposed to be great in CP but it does discolor... like I care!

I have a co-worker that cannot handle spice/cinnamon in fragrances, but loves pumpkin. I got sweet pumpkin from Daystar and not only is it lovely in candles and melts, she can handle it. Just a wonderful pumpkin scent. I used it in MP too and it was great.