Newbie - MP Soap Questions

TxGirl

I want to dive in and start making MP soap. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind.

1st - I cant afford to try all the different types of MP soaps to find what I am looking for. Soooo ... I know that I want to use a supplier that carries SFIC.

I'm looking for a soap that has a luxurious bubbly lather and excellent moisturizing properties. And I prefer opaque over clear. Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated.

I think that's the only questions I have right now. Thank you!

Bump - Anyone?

OK - I'll be more specific.

Goat's Milk Soap

Shea Butter Soap

Cocoa Butter Soap

.... Etc, etc, etc. - you know ... all the different types? Which has the best lather, and best moisturizing properties? I'd rather hear some opinions before I buy. Surely there are a few people here that have tried several and have an opinion. Thanks!

I do as Schmoopie does. I get the plain opaque & add shea or cocoa butter. That way I don't have to buy all the different bases.

p.s. some suppliers have samplers packs with different bases. That way you can decide for yourself which base you prefer.

I agree with ruina, I would buy a sample pack, usually 1 pound of all the different types. That's how I started out.

I find the Shea, cocoa butter and goats milk to be very moisturizing. I also add things to them for extra bubbles or hardness etc.

I've used almost all of the SFIC bases...the OO base is like a brick!

GM, shea, & CB are all good choices for the qualities you want. .

If watching the checkbook is an issue right now, as the others said, getting 1# of a few bases is the way to go.

If you're daring enough, I'd say just go w/ the white, pick up a butter or 2 & some oils and play!

There are some knowledgeable MPers here to help you along the way if you get stuck.

Happy soaping!

Thank you all very much for your replies! You've given me ideas and a starting place. I think I like the idea of buying white and adding additives like a few of you mentioned. Then I can mess around with it till I get the desired effects. Thanks again all! You're appreciated! :D