ky parasoy tart votive blend & brown residue?

I've been using this blend for tarts for the past year and have always noticed a little bit of brownish residue in the melted wax, and specifically after it's been on the warmer for several hours. It matters not the fo I use. I've not noticed this with a paraffin wax I've used. Is this common with soy blend tarts?

Judy N.

No, I mean the melted wax. Intially the melted wax in the bowl is clear liquid, but after my wax has been on the burner for several hours, okay like maybe after all day, I will get a tiny little bit of brown residue in the melted wax. It just floats around in the wax. Maybe I'm letting it set on the burner too long. I assumed it was natural impurities in the soy. I don't use color in the wax, just fo.

OK, my wax is never on heat for more than a few MINUTES. Which I do know others with their Presto Pots will leave it going awhile, but all day???

I'm pretty sure she's talking about her tarts after they've been in the tart melter!! :cool2:

It may be associated with the "soy" blend -

I know in my turkey fryer after a long period of time of continuous refilling I notice brown speckles of "floaties" that settle in the bottom. I just had to clean it out this past weekend. Quite a project, I might add :undecided

I use the parasoy container wax.