How do you clean up?

While cleaning my molds this evening, I began wondering how everyone cleaned pour pots, candle molds, wodden spoons, etc. I thought it might be interesting to share our 'clean-up' methods. I bet we will all learn some new tricks of the trade. I routinely clean my molds by heating the inside with a heat gun and wiping them clean with a soft cloth. After several uses, I use the 170 degree oven method (this also loosens old sealer). After warm, I wipe them down with paper towels or a soft cloth.

I look forward to reading everyone's tips.

Brenda

I use paper towels to wipe out the liquid residue. Then I usually don't need to do anymore cleaning. But if I should, I use hot water and a product called Basic H (made by Shaklee). It emulsifies the oil and takes care of the oily residue and cleans my equipment wonderfully. HTH

• 2 months later...

I heat my pour pot on the stove top and wipe with paper towels. I can't be bothered with the heat gun. The stove top works fine as long as I don't walk away. Unscented baby wipes helped to descent the pots if switching from a strong FO.

My stir sticks I just wipe quickly with a paper towel immediately after stirring when the wax is still melted on it - same with thermometer although now I use a digital thermo gun which I love.

Molds and all other metal utensils go in the oven at 200 degrees on a baking sheet lined with paper towels then wiped clean while still warm.

Wearing rubber gloves keeps my hands from getting burned.

I've tried other methods including boiling water and mold cleaners and found the stove top and oven to be the least labor intensive.

I have a pour pot for each scent.. So I don't have to clean them after each use...

Ok.. You say.. That is expensive to buy all those pots..

Well if you add up all the money spent on paper towels & wipes, Electricity to heat them, water & soap to clean them and time spent cleaning the pots, You could buy a pot for each scent easily..

The pots pay for themselves in the long run...:D

I have a pour pot for each scent.. So I don't have to clean them after each use...

Well if you add up all the money spent on paper towels & wipes, Electricity to heat them, water & soap to clean them and time spent cleaning the pots, You could buy a pot for each scent easily..

That is my goal for this year - a pour pot or two for each scent....cause Viva is getting expensive....lol

Makes sense ... but I have a major problem with that. I haven't the room for all those pots because I'm a FO HO. I think it might work if I only used 5 to 10 fragrances but what happens when you have 50 to 100 LOL.

I don't have an oven to use for clean up since I'm not in the house but I use a roaster. Papertowels on the bottom, set on 200 and it holds 3 lg pour pots, a small pour pot and all my mixing spoons. I just tip upside down and wipe out right before I use it. I have 8 so I can have some full to pour and the rest in the roaster. I also use it to melt the ends of tester jars, etc. I wish I had the room for 75 pour pots but I just don't.

Paper towels all the way. I *try* to buy recycled ones because I go through so much! Molds go in the oven. Thanks for the idea for baby wipes...some of my scents are really strong. I also like the idea of having a pot per scent. That would be the best. I'll just have to add pots to the list that goes on forever. (: