Is it too early to be making Fall soaps?

Darbla

I want to soap up a bunch of oils before they go bad, but I don't want to make Summer scents (got plenty of that I need to use up), so is it too early to make soap in Fall scents? I don't want them to lose their scent before the season even gets here.

Darbla

Heck no it is not too early. I'm starting mine. I think I will start with Cinnamon Sandalwood. I have a soap that I made about 3 years ago and it still smells wonderful. I just pulled out another and am using it and it is wonderful too.

Hmmmm.... I've got a can in the cabinet and hadn't even thought about whether it's in my stores or not. I just assumed it was there year-round.

We need to do a 'pumpkin patch' swap. I haven't done any other swaps but I could get behind that. :D

OUr canned pumpkin is available year round. I figured it was like that all over the country.

Steph

Hell I live in the 18th century or in another universe it seems ... it's not here all year round ... and it should be! Why have yams if there are no pumpkins! No cranberries either and I want cranberries. Could care less if summer isn't officially here lol.

Hell I live in the 18th century or in another universe it seems ... it's not here all year round ... and it should be! Why have yams if there are no pumpkins! No cranberries either and I want cranberries. Could care less if summer isn't officially here lol.

Look at baby food for any foods you might like to soap. It has been YEARS since I had a baby around so I can not remember if they offer anything with pumpkin but I use baby food carrots for my carrots, oats and honey soap. I was thinking about doing a peach soap and using baby food peaches. There might be some other baby foods that might interest you to soap. Just some food for thought. Pun intended. lol

Hey, I like that baby food idea ... now you've got me thinking!

ohhhh..I remember trying to feed my babies peas, green beans...

and all those other non tasting foods...

Maybe thats what they are good for,,,soap...

There was one that they loved but can't remember the name, it was a mixed veg...

and they loved the custard pudding...

As well as they are puried they would make good ingred. for soap..

About the pumpkin soap,,,I have never made it..how do you go about it..