Show Today

gloworm

Well I had a nice surprise at our first show today. I really was dreading doing it what with the economy and gas prices I really thought it was going to be a waste of time, but it is a very little local herb festival & it's the kind where you can let the kids go and not worry because you can pretty much see the whole show grounds no matter where you are. Well anyway we were quite busy and did 8.5 times the table even though we got rained out and packed up early. I was so surprised, even hubby was pleased. Someone said to me that since people can't afford gas for vacation that maybe they will spend a little extra at festivals. Lets hope so. We also sold a little bit of everything which was really nice. The kids did pretty well with the wooden roses too.

Glo:cool2:

Congratulations, Connie, and an interesting observation/point of view. It's so dreadfully hot and humid here that I haven't even considered doing anything outside. Our town has it's Harborwalk in another week or two with attendance of @ 25,000. I'm always asked why I won't vend, but it's in the street rather than on the water with no breeze. Yikes. I just can't take 100 degree temps.

Congrats to both you gals! I was thinking the same thing re: the gas prices. People most likely won't be vacationing far from home this year but hopefully will participate in more local things. We can only hope!