Need help wicking Asian Amber from CS

Anyone have any feedback on wicking Asian Amber from CS. I use C3, 6% FO and I'm testing in a glass tumbler, 3"dia x 4"tall. I've tested with CD 16,18 and now 20 and it's still got alot of hangup. I've been finding a CD18 works best in these jars on the last 4 scents I've tested but this one is being difficult..

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sorry - can't help you with the C3. I love this scent. Made it in paraffin - 4625 and used either a 27 or 30 flat and burned great. Almost sure I made it in 4786 and used 2 cd 8 in 10oz apoth jar also. Know this won't help with soy but if anyone is looking for paraffin might help;)

CD 16,18 and now 20

Photos and a little more information would be helpful! ;)

I use a CDN 12-14 for 3" diameter containers of C3.

How long are your testing sessions (should be minimum 3 hours)?

How many test burns?

It is typical for these not to achieve FMP on the first, sometimes second burn. Ambers are a fragrance that I have found needs to cure a week or two for full effect, also, BTW. I have not tried CS's, but have noted this with other ambers I have used. HTH :)

Hi Stella...

I'm into 3 test burns and all have been at least 3 hours. The glass is really thick though so I'm thinking it might also have to with that. There's still a good 1/3" hang around the mp. The candle has cured about a week and half.....

I'll keep testing, it's my first Amber of any kind so I'd figured it was worth asking...

Thanks

The throw has been good even though the melt pool hasn't reached the edges. I'm about half way down on the jar now and it still has hang but I'll keep burning to the bottom and see how it does...

Thanks for checking in,

I love Asian Amber but it is a tough one to wick without soot. I had fairly good luck with a 62C (cotton core) wick, but I did get a little soot which I don't like so I'm using this scent for melts and wickless only now.

Thanks Soyvey for the tip......I'm not getting any soot....actually the flame seems pretty weak and calm considering I'm up to a CD20. It's about 2/3 down into the jar and it still has about 1/4 hang. I really think it could go up to a CD22 but I"ll wait until I get to the bottom. I also noticed it's a very dark, heavy FO..