Which wicks for flower pot containers?

I am testing wicks for the flower pot containers and it's looking like the LX-18 is about the best so far but I'm still not totally satisfied with it. Does anyone else use this container with IGI 1343 wax? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Nancy

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am trying to wick the flower pot votive container and so far the LX-18 seems to be doing the best, but not great. I still have a thin hang up on top where the container is the widest but the bottom is great. The LX-18 has less hang up than anything else I've tried so I may just have to stick with it.

Aaron, let me know how your LX-14 works for you.....I haven't tried it yet. I tried a STABILO-14 and it wasn't too bad but not as good as the LX-18.

Linda, I think I will test the LX-20 tomorrow and see how that works.

Thanks everyone.

You're using 1343... with or without additives? A LX 18 seems awful huge for a flower pot votive. Standard votives I use a 12, with my 4625 pillar blend. I would try maybe a 14 since it's slightly larger than a standard votive. I use the 18 in a 3" pillar, I just can't imagine using an 18 or 20 in something so small. How much FO & color are you adding and how long did you test burn?

Without additives, no color and 1 oz pp of f.o. I did my first burn for 4 1/2 hours, and at 2 hour intervals for the remaining burns. I would love to find something that would leave the top of the container clean but nothing seems to be working. Actually the top is quite a bit larger than the regular votive.

They are without additives, no color, and 1 oz pp of f.o. I would love to find something that would clean the top of the container but so far that hasn't happened. I too thought the 18 was very large but it's still not doing the trick. I have tried the LX, CD, STABILO, and Zinc series. Actually the top of the container is quite a bit larger than my standard votive.

I was thinking the same thing as Ducky. For veg waxes, maybe, but for 1343, an 18 sounds very large. When you get down to the bottom of the container where it gets real small, looks like the heat build-up in the glass would be tremendous. I would think something along the lines of a 44z, CD8, or HTP 60-whatever; when you burn down some and glass is exposed, the hang-up on the top edge will usually melt down. JMO.

I agree that the LX18 seems large for a flower pot, but the top of the flower pot is about the same size as a jelly jar, so it's difficult to get a good burn with a smaller wick in my J223/soy blend--although I keep trying!!