A little disappointed with BCN

I only buy from BCN once or twice a year- I love how their pretabbed wicks come, nice and straight, unlike some places. I bought during a sample sale one year and they "forgot" to apply the discount to half of the order and didn't want to refund it back to me. They insisted that they would just keep a credit on my account. I believe that was the first time I'd ordered from them and I wasn't going to accept that and insisted on a credit card refund. They REALLY didn't want to do that, but FINALLY did. It took way too much arm twisting on my part for comfort though. I mean, THEY were the ones overcharging and they didn't catch it, I did. :tongue2: I also get irked at the lack of option for choosing USPS priority through their shipping screen... if you haven't read through all the little details on the main page, you don't know that is an option. I wish it was listed as a shipping method....

-Kristi

Personally, love BCN - hate their site & shopping cart - happy for me will be the day when they make it user friendly, cuz it's not!

I so agree with you there! We are small, so I am only ordering from them a few times a year - but when I do, it is totally FRUSTRATING!!

I remember the first time I ordered from them - it must have taken me an hour to check out!

The last order I did I somehow asked it to charge my paypal...which had nothing in it...:embarasse As soon as I realized it I emailed them. It was a Friday night, of course. I called them first thing Monday and they fixed it. No complaints as far as their product or customer service so far...just the darn website! lol

I have had that same problem with other companies too, some of whom are my favorite suppliers. I don't depend on email because the spam blockers can keep them from ever seeing your email. If I don't get a reply from email in a reasonable time, I just pick up the phone. When I called BCN, I received very good service. I don't know how long they have been in business, but sometimes older companies don't do technology quite as well. As long as I can get what I need at a good price, I'm ok with that.

Time difference between The USA and New Zealand and the hassle of a call, makes it simply just not worth it. They should receive at least 1 email from at least 1 email address (I sent to 2 or maybe even 3, can't remember) I understand what you are saying, though.

Time difference between The USA and New Zealand and the hassle of a call, makes it simply just not worth it. They should receive at least 1 email from at least 1 email address (I sent to 2 or maybe even 3, can't remember) I understand what you are saying, though.

I really feel for you guys in other countries-sounds like it is very tough to get supplies. I'm not sure what you could do in that case. Legally, a supplier probably can't take a call from one of us about your order. That is unfortunate. What I can tell you is that if the spam blocker is targeting your domain, none of those emails will get through. You might try an alternate email address if you had one. Recently I had to work with the gods at Microsoft, and their own software blocked me from getting their emails!!! Anyway, I hope you have found suppliers who do get your emails, that offer what you need. Best wishes. Coconut

I have always bought from BCS but when BCN ran thier sale on the closeout specials, I had to order.. I got replies same day I ordered,they shipped it a couple of days later and I already have it!! And the shipping was not bad either!! I was thinking maybe they would be a little slow because of the $5.99 sale on the closeouts.. but I am very satisfied. OBTW I did it through PP