A little disappointed with BCN

I placed an order with them yesterday and selected paypal for payment. I havent received my confirmation yet so I called to see if I could add one item on and Dawn told me no. So I went somewhere else and ordered it and now placed a larger order with another company. I didnt know that BCN would not want my money.

WSP has done the exact same thing to me. I placed an order online and realized immediately that I forgot something so I picked up the phone and was told the order was already "in the warehouse" so they couldn't add to it. What a crock ~ it was like 5 minutes maybe. They just didn't want to be bothered, which is why I rarely bother to give them orders anymore ...

I ordered on line over the weekend.. and realized I forgot something and sent an email immediately. They responded Monday morning and added in the additional items. I think it's just where they are in the filling process determines whether they can do it or not.

I've had nothing but good experience with BCN, so please don't let one bad thing sway you.

I agree with R.S.

I use the check on-line payment.Love that and don't have to use CC. I placed a order late one afternoon and that evening got a order for some candles but I was out of a certain scent.I immediately e-mailed BCN that night and the next day was told it would be added to my order. I had no problems.

LynnS

UPDATE! I still have not received my invoice from them and Dawn had told me they had finished all orderes from Thursday. If this was the case I would have my invoice to pay. So it is still there either complete and open waiting for me to pay or ready to ship. What if I decided not to pay, Im sure the box is still open to put the items back if they dont get a invoice from paypal that I paid. So pretty much she lied to me!

Everyone, please remember there is no such thing as a perfect supplier or there would only be one! I just ordered from BCN and received good service and fast shipping. Every supplier has good and not so good points. One of BCN's good points is the USPS shipping on small orders, and a big selection. One of my other favorite suppliers, while they have great products and terrific customer service, including adding stuff to a current order, will not ship USPS for small orders. Also, BCN carries items this other supplier does not. This is why it is important to have multiple suppliers for your business. Just my two cents worth.

I have sent numerous emails to them in the past just wanting to do business, never received a reply. I have since placed very large orders with other companies.

I have had that same problem with other companies too, some of whom are my favorite suppliers. I don't depend on email because the spam blockers can keep them from ever seeing your email. If I don't get a reply from email in a reasonable time, I just pick up the phone. When I called BCN, I received very good service. I don't know how long they have been in business, but sometimes older companies don't do technology quite as well. As long as I can get what I need at a good price, I'm ok with that.

I have had that same problem with other companies too, some of whom are my favorite suppliers. I don't depend on email because the spam blockers can keep them from ever seeing your email. If I don't get a reply from email in a reasonable time, I just pick up the phone. When I called BCN, I received very good service. I don't know how long they have been in business, but sometimes older companies don't do technology quite as well. As long as I can get what I need at a good price, I'm ok with that.

I always call, like you mentioned the spam folder, and the waiting. Both WSP and BCN have been excellent over the phone, but can be hard to get a hold of through email.

This is exactly why I am paticular about who I do biz with. Peak's a number 1. Candlescience, great CS. Whatever with BC etc.....too big for their britches I guesss LOL

Peaks is one you can NEVER go wrong with that's fer sure. :cool2:

You know maybe its a southern hospitality thing, but BCS is always WAY more pleasant to deal with. I have NEVER bought anything from BCN. I have called on a couple of occasions with questions about products, and I always get the vibe that if I purchased it, I would find out. I always fell like I am wasting their time. Maybe they could be proccessing cards and getting paid instead of answering questions. Sheesh I should know better :P

You know, as a business, I would err on the side of seeing a little more spam in my inbox (loosen the spam filters a little) than risk not responding to customer communication because of it.

Or check the spam folder every day.

Sheesh.

Just for the record I order from BCN sometimes and have never had a problem, I was just addressing e-mail spam in general.

This is exactly why I am paticular about who I do biz with. Peak's a number 1. Candlescience, great CS. Whatever with BC etc.....too big for their britches I guesss LOL

I love Peak's, and I agree they are number one. I didn't want to bring up names, but Peak's is the one that my emails often go unanswered from. Again, I think it is the spam filters. I use the instant chat or the phone, and always get through. Unfortunately, Peak's does not offer everything I need so I do buy from other companies. But I still love Peak's. :smiley2:

Take it from someone who has recently been sending mucho emails to many candles/soap suppliers - they DON'T get them. If you don't hear back from them, PLEASE don't assume they recieved the message or email. And also on those order forms where you can write "comments" - also don't assume they are going to read those. I have made the mistake of thinking a couple times that I was bascially ignored because those comments were not attended to, only to find out they never saw them.

That having been said...it would make sense for the suppliers/vendors to make sure that the emails, auto-responders, forms, etc. are working correctly when they receive a message on the phone that they are not. Most of them that I have spoken to, do look into it and are glad you have contacted them by phone.

Personally, love BCN - hate their site & shopping cart - happy for me will be the day when they make it user friendly, cuz it's not!

They've had people complain about their site for years and northing's changed so I doubt it will anytime soon...I don't order from them either.

Oh, customer service was OK till they got my money then nothing, couldn't get help with anything and defiantly nothing when I never received what I paid for.

As far as I'm concerned once is it.... they lost my business for good.

I have had nothing but excellent customer service from BCN. I had purchased some bears from them one time and had received the wrong one. I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation, I was shocked when they phoned me about my problem and fixed it with no difficulties. I purchase a lot of supplies from them and couldn't be happier.

Pam F