Richards Packaging 9.5% price increase

I just received this email from Richard's Packaging:

"Price Increase Announcement

As of July 1, we will be increasing the pricing of Asian made glass by 7% because of rising costs. Some low volume items will increase even more. Much of this increase is due to manufacturing and raw material price increases. Specifically, soda ash, natural gas, and the repeal of the 8% export incentive are causing these increases. Our North American suppliers pushed through a similar increase earlier in the year.

All metal caps will also increase by 9.5% July 1 because of cost increases in sheet metal and energy. Sheet metal is the largest cost component of metal caps and it has doubled in cost.

MY NOTE: My metal cap supplier increased my caps from .35 to .55 each yesterday when I called to order a case!

Plastic caps and bottles will also increase by 9.5% July 1st due to increases in natural gas.

Swing Tops are made in Europe and will increase by 24%.

Please call us for current prices.

cost increases in sheet metal and energy. Sheet metal is the largest cost component of metal caps and it has doubled in cost.

Plastic caps and bottles will also increase by 9.5% July 1st due to increases in natural gas.

Swing Tops are made in Europe and will increase by 24%.

Please call us for current prices."

When I spoke to someone at the jar store regarding the discontinuation of the melting pot jars and others she cited price increases and issues with the manufacturer in china. So I guess it's starting to happen everywhere.

I hope things start to even out soon. This has been a disgusting year. It makes me want to puke!!!! *faint*