D.O.S. and scent

TexasBrat

Well, I have a batch of BRV I made and it has dos and it doesn't smell bad but it doesn't smell like BRV anymore either. Kind of a morphed scent of rancid and BRV. But it doesn't smell bad and that is what is weird. I think this one has dos b/c I am thinking the idea behind metal and soaps is a real thing. I made a batch and used my soap beveler to shave off the ash and now it is showing dos. I made a batch previously to it and never shaved off anything and it still smells fine and no dos.

Well I know I soaped a batch of Tonic and it went bad and a batch of Lovely and it went bad and a batch of pearberry and it went bad ... well not bad ... it had DOS. I stopped using canola and haven't had that stuff come back ... not implying that was the sole culprit. But in all three batches, those scents didn't morph.

Soap fairy. Honestly though, I don't know. It would make sense that as something goes bad that an odor follows it. I guess I would just wonder if something wasn't a little off ... even if it was a super humid day as opposed to one that wasn't. I know I'm running all over the place after I type this to knock on wood, but since I dropped Canola I haven't had DOS.

I don't use canola and never have either and I have always used the same oils for all my soaps....olive, babbassu, pko,palm,castor and coconut. Weird weird weird. At least the soap is still useable and not so gross that it makes me gag or anything.