CD wicks

Where do you order the CD wicks everyone talks about. I haven't seen them on Peak's website. I ordered J223 and some zinc wicks, but now I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to get the hot throw I was hoping for. I'm making my first candle with my new stuff tonight...wish me luck :D

now I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to get the hot throw I was hoping for. :D
I have to agree with Sharon on that one too Jim! I've been using J223 for a few years now. I also switched to CD's and love them. I get a great hot throw. I usually use 1 oz/ppw and add it between 160-165 and pour between 155-160. So, we are on the same plane as far as temps.

Pitifully poor hot sent throw

Don’t let a few posts deter you from testing your zinc wicks and your J223. I get an excellent hot and cold throw from my J223 and zinc wicks. Before you purchase your CD's do some testing with the zinc to see if you get a good throw first. I have heard allot of people complain on here about the CD's & HTP's, Cotton Core smoke too much.

You need to test see what is right for you.

Where do you order the CD wicks everyone talks about. I haven't seen them on Peak's website. I ordered J223 and some zinc wicks, but now I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to get the hot throw I was hoping for. I'm making my first candle with my new stuff tonight...wish me luck :D

If you order them, be careful to always buy them at the same place. For some odd reason, the sizes are different from the different suppliers. I get mine from BCN.