Kumquat Acct Issue

gottabt

Hi all,

I really have a dilemma and I need some help here. In her travels this summer my client came across some really cute little containers and thought that they would make great candle containers. Well, they are cute but I would never have thought about putting candles in them because of the shape. Well, the problem is - she bought 700 :eek: of the things and now I am in a pickle. She wants them filled and I really do not know where to even begin and need help.

I will try to get a pic but here is the basic issue. They are round. Diameter is about 2 1/4", 2" high and the top opening is only 1 1/2". My concern is that the top opening is so much smaller than the overall diameter I do not know where to begin wicking them. I will use j223 and I am thinking a lx-10. I am thinking that I should wick for the opening not the diameter so that I do not get a soot problem. I really do not see how these will ever get a full meltpool so I guess I need to focus of the soot issue and then see how they burn.

Any ideas - 700 of them :eek: I am really upset because these are not appropriate but if I can not make them work she is out the money. Please help me.

Hi there, the best you can do is test the containers. You would not want to fill them to the top anyway, just below the opening. When you say they are not appropriate, what do you mean, the glass is to thin etc... Are they something you can put a votive in to burn. Please do post a pic, that would help us all to help you.

I think that the shape is not appropriate - the overall diameter compared to the width of the opening. I will try to get a pic tomorrow. I can take them but I do not know how to get them out of the camera into the puter. I need the dh for that one. The container is ceramic and it seems to be sealed well enough. I filled on with water and no leaking so at least I do not think that I will need to modge podge them. If I do, her kids will do that before I pick them up. I think that would be a good kid friendly project. Okay - facing sealing all these before pouring is just too much for me to deal with. I will not have much profit in these since all I am doing is filling and wrapping them anyway.