can i put silk flowers in gel?

jcristan

i was wanting to start trying out gel candles. ive been reading that its harder to do then wax candles. is this true? is it more dangerious?

also, i saw on this one website where they had silk flowers in their gel candles, how is that possible? wouldnt it catch on fire?

Is gel harder to do than wax? I think it's a matter of opinion and mine is no, they are not more difficult.

Are they more dangerous? Again matter of opinion. whenever you are dealing with melting something and high heat it can be dangerous and you have to be very very careful.

How is it possible to put silk flowers in gel? wouldn't it catch fire?

Well hopefully they have double glassed or put a small votive in the top because I would think that indeed it could catch fire.

You can put silk flowers in gel candles which are like the forever candles in which the gel which is embedded with the flowers does not have a wick in it AND as long as the wick will not get near them.

You will need to test the flowers, though, as some of the coloring can "bleed" into the gel over time or if you pour too hot.