Shipping Candles in this HEAT?

TMeeks

I have had several people ask me to ship candles to them, including the sister stores of a boutique that I currently sell in. Problem is...I'm in Texas and most of them are in California and Las Vegas. For those who ship, what is the best way to ship candles when having to deal with 100 degress + temps without having to worry about melting. This would be for containers only. TIA!

Tara

I was wondering the same thing too, especially if the candles are going to super hot places like Arizona. I'm more concerned about their arrival (when they sit out on someone's porch waiting for someone to get home and bring them inside) than the transit. So far I've successfully mailed candles to Arizona, but in those cases, the recipient was home to receive them immediately. I'm wondering what to do for shipments to people who may not be home when it arrives.

The only thing that I can recommend is never shipping on Thursday or Friday - they will need to sit somewhere over a weekend and that is asking for trouble. I just make sure that they are wrapped in bubble wrap and then peanuts all around. Make sure that they are all sitting upright if possible and then put "this side up" arrow on the box. Hopefully if they get soft they will not melt "wrong" like if placed on their sides.

Hope that made sense.

I do the same as Tara. I ship from Virginia to Wisconsin and the mid-west frequently and to Puerto Rico as well. I always ship priority mail, UPS or Fedex and ship on Monday/Tuesday depending on the destination. I haven't had a problem with any candles melting yet.