100% Lard soap - probably never again... LOL

Okay, so here is my 100% lard soap with the dots into hearts. First it took FOR-FREAKIN-EVER to get to trace (and this was a little 2lb batch and it took well over 15 mins to reach a thin to medium trace)

Then when I pourd the base in it looked good but the colored portion was still very thin. I was dotting it up and it was oozing a little so I waited about a minute took a pic and then tried to dot on top of the dots - ummm solid soap in my tube thing. LOL

When I tried to do the swirl thing about half of them were too solid to look good and the other half just didn't turn out right...

All in all I'm glad of the experience, and it didn't turn our terrible, so I guess that's okay. Next time I'll use my regular recipe and I'm sure it'll turn out more to my liking. :)

BTW - it's scented Raspberry Dream. It was strong OOB, but when I put it in the batter the scent sort of disappeared on me. Hopefully once it's cut and cured it will come back. It's a nice raspberry scent. I believe it's from Snow Top. (I've had it for a while! LOL)

post-212-139458446518_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458446521_thumb.jpg

Looking good! The scent sounds divine too, I love raspberry. I can't wait to see your dots and heart swirls with your regular recipe. I keep forgetting about the dotting thing too. Maybe that's what I need to do for my Lovespell fo. I've been sitting here trying to figure out what colors I wanted for that fo.