Simmering granules

lilfairylover

there used to be a sand based one: http://www.candlewarmers.com/NewsDetail.aspx?id=4

but I cannot find it on their web site any longer.

I pulled up an old link and found it http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=64 but it doesn't look like they are for sale.

But they are still available on other sites - probably dumping their inventory - if anyone wants to try one. For example: http://131253.brightwebsite.com/store-products-JCSC-Jamie-Clair-Sandle-Candle_41993679.html

(we got one at work and while the fragrance (Tropical Vanilla) was horrid, it was very strong. we didn't test its longevity or anything since it was so nasty.)

Edited by CareBear

there used to be a sand based one: http://www.candlewarmers.com/NewsDetail.aspx?id=4

but I cannot find it on their web site any longer.

I pulled up an old link and found it http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=64 but it doesn't look like they are for sale.

But they are still available on other sites - probably dumping their inventory - if anyone wants to try one. For example: http://131253.brightwebsite.com/store-products-JCSC-Jamie-Clair-Sandle-Candle_41993679.html

(we got one at work and while the fragrance (Tropical Vanilla) was horrid, it was very strong. we didn't test its longevity or anything since it was so nasty.)

Hmmmm! Colored Sand? now that's a new one on me, i do have some sand here i can play with. :laugh2:Well carebear i'll let ya know if it works or not.. i have some black and orange sand from when i was making my harley gel candles i'll test the black with some drakkar to see how it does.

Jean, your salt is scenting really good. Not strong but there. I think you have something you can market. I had them on the warmer for 24 hrs. Tried to make some for me and no sea salt in sight. So made 3 oz in the table salt with my favorite perfume. Don't think we like the same scents since you were using Sandlewood next. yuck... When I get some sea salt in I'm trying it with the same Lilac I use in the large salt crystals just to compare.

Wouldn't some really cute tins work for these? So many small tins that watches have come in and men cologne. I have had things like that forever but I've been pitching lately. As far as the table salt, did it dry out? I put glitter in the salt ans it looks good. I'll test it tomorrow. Thanks jean....

Now to come up with a clever name.

Jean, your salt is scenting really good. Not strong but there. I think you have something you can market. I had them on the warmer for 24 hrs. Tried to make some for me and no sea salt in sight. So made 3 oz in the table salt with my favorite perfume. Don't think we like the same scents since you were using Sandlewood next. yuck... When I get some sea salt in I'm trying it with the same Lilac I use in the large salt crystals just to compare.

Wouldn't some really cute tins work for these? So many small tins that watches have come in and men cologne. I have had things like that forever but I've been pitching lately. As far as the table salt, did it dry out? I put glitter in the salt ans it looks good. I'll test it tomorrow. Thanks jean....

Now to come up with a clever name.

Sharon, i'm glad you tried them when i first made them the scent was strong, but i'm sure with them setting for 2 weeks the scent has diminished a bit since i only used 1/4 oz in a cup of salts, if i was gonna do a bigger batch i'd definately add more scent to them.. as for putting these in tins, i'm not sure on that as i have not used tins for anything, i personally think the scent would make the tins rusty? I was thinking of maybe cello bags or the stand up pouches? or possibly Jars.. or portion cups, i did put some in a portion cup to see what it does, so far so good the fo didn't melt it.

The reason i used sandalwood in the TS was i had it out so used it.. I have a customer that loves SW. that's all she buys from me. :) please let us know how your table salt does. you're welcome sharon..

Names for the salts

1.Shimmering Salts - mica or glitter added

2 Shimmer Salt Granules

3. Salt Granules

4. Scented Salt Granules

Edited by Jean

The table salt still looks like wet sand? Wonder why it doesn't absorb like the sea salt? I really like the looks of the sea salt you made. Plus the fact that I can get it at the grocery is good for me.

How did it look with the mica?

My TS still looks wet to but it isn't i stuck my finger in it to see if it was dry, and none of the salt stuck to it.. it's really pretty with the mica, gives it a glittery look. yes i like the coarse sea salt the best too.. now i am gonna make more sea salt and add mica to that as well.. :) even considered some glitter..

Would love to get this to work to sell with my plug ins. A few years ago I bought a bunch of them to sell but didn't like the way they seemed top heavy and might tilt and spill wax so I never sold them. Salt would work great and no worries about spilled wax. I was thinking of finding nice small glass jars and tying a wooden scoop to it, making it more high end.

Made a test batch last night but still not dry this morning, put in on a cookie sheet to spread it out hopefully that will help.

Would love to get this to work to sell with my plug ins. A few years ago I bought a bunch of them to sell but didn't like the way they seemed top heavy and might tilt and spill wax so I never sold them. Salt would work great and no worries about spilled wax. I was thinking of finding nice small glass jars and tying a wooden scoop to it, making it more high end.

Made a test batch last night but still not dry this morning, put in on a cookie sheet to spread it out hopefully that will help.

Hi! Did you use the Table Salt or the Course Sea Salt? both did work for me but i personally like the CSS. it's much prettier in my opinion. the jar idea is cute, maybe try the stand up pouches too? Just so many possibilities with these. Good Luck! :cheesy2:

Hi! Did you use the Table Salt or the Course Sea Salt? both did work for me but i personally like the CSS. it's much prettier in my opinion. the jar idea is cute, maybe try the stand up pouches too? Just so many possibilities with these. Good Luck! :cheesy2:

A cute jar like cotton balls are stored. The table salt is working in the plug in, just not a big thrower. If I didn't have so many scents going on here I could tell better. I added a few larger salts for looks. When the weather get better I'm going to have to get some Sea Salt. What size did you say you used, Jean? That was a nice size you sent me. Was this the Coarse Sea Salt? May have to shop online but I think Salt Works is a little high priced. Has anyone compared prices of SS online?

You can always add the used SS to you bath or sprinkle in the shower when you want to add new scented salt to your plug in. I did that the other day with your salt Jean, very nice. Or put down drain to make it smell good. This is a good ideal. But I keep adding more pure scent to mine. I noticed the salt doesn't take on a different smell like wax does sometimes.

Edited by Sharon in KY

A cute jar like cotton balls are stored. The table salt is working in the plug in, just not a big thrower. If I didn't have so many scents going on here I could tell better. I added a few larger salts for looks. When the weather get better I'm going to have to get some Sea Salt. What size did you say you used, Jean? That was a nice size you sent me. Was this the Coarse Sea Salt? May have to shop online but I think Salt Works is a little high priced. Has anyone compared prices of SS online?

You can always add the used SS to you bath or sprinkle in the shower when you want to add new scented salt to your plug in. I did that the other day with your salt Jean, very nice. Or put down drain to make it smell good. This is a good ideal. But I keep adding more pure scent to mine. I noticed the salt doesn't take on a different smell like wax does sometimes.

I used Mortons Course Sea Salt from the grocery store.. it's in a blue container just like the TB is but this container is taller and not as big around as the TS box. i have been looking online for a good price on the CSS. but what i been finding is it doesn't look like what i bought from the grocery store, i did use some of my sandalwood salt in the kitchen sink. will keep ya updated with my testing. :)

Sharon! ck this out http://scents4less.com/coarse.htm i'm going to purchase some to see if it's like what i bought at the grocery store, but these prices are very good i think.. :)

Was a good idea, but can't purchase a small order from them.. :( i'd do the larger order but if the salts aren't the same then i'd have no use for such a large amount..

Edited by Jean

I used the css, still wet though I used about 1-1/4 cup salt and 1/4 oz fo and 2 drops liquid dye.Thought about popping it into a warm oven and seeing if that helps dry it but don't know if it would ruin it, might go ahead and try just to see what happens.

Maybe I'm using too much fo, I'll try another batch with less today and see how it does. I put the wet salt one on each end of my house in plug ins just to see how they do today.

OMG! I did a mock order to see what 100 lbs of salt would be.. :shocked2: here is my result.. I don't think so!! :rolleyes2

Unscented Coarse Sea Salt 100 lb Bag 60.00 All prices are in US Dollars Subtotal 60.00 Shipping 121.00 TOTAL 181.00

$100 Minimum Order Required. Shipping Charges is a estimate and will be adjusted based on weight and destination zipcode.

Edited by Jean

OMG! I did a mock order to see what 100 lbs of salt would be.. :shocked2: here is my result.. I don't think so!! :rolleyes2

Unscented Coarse Sea Salt 100 lb Bag 60.00 All prices are in US Dollars Subtotal 60.00 Shipping 121.00 TOTAL 181.00

$100 Minimum Order Required. Shipping Charges is a estimate and will be adjusted based on weight and destination zipcode.

Forget them... Maybe Sam's has SS in larger containers. We have another wholesale store GFS I think, have to check them.

dixiegal

My salt was still wet, the table salt I did never did dry. Let us know how yours is working. I don't think you used too much scent.

If we can get it dry enough then how about the sugar jars to put the salt in. That way it can poured right out. But would the salt stick like it does in the shaker sometimes? Though I never had that problem.

Forget them... Maybe Sam's has SS in larger containers. We have another wholesale store GFS I think, have to check them.

My salt was still wet, the table salt I did never did dry. Let us know how yours is working. I don't think you used too much scent.

If we can get it dry enough then how about the sugar jars to put the salt in. That way it can poured right out. But would the salt stick like it does in the shaker sometimes? Though I never had that problem.

heated my oven to 175 then turned it off and put the salts in on a cookie sheet. Its just so humid where I live and I wanted to see if the scent held up in the oven. I'll let you know what happens.

This is where I buy all my salts from. They are always having really good specials and offer free shipping from time. http://www.sfbsc.com/

Also, they have excellent quality product. I have never gotten anything that I was not happy with AND you can buy sample sizes to make sure it is the size you want.

I looked at the salts on there, their course SS looks bigger then what i bought at the store, mine looks more like their fine SS. decisions, decisions. Have you purchased the fine and course? Do either compare to what i sent you as a sample?

Thank You! Jean

This is where I buy all my salts from. They are always having really good specials and offer free shipping from time. http://www.sfbsc.com/

Also, they have excellent quality product. I have never gotten anything that I was not happy with AND you can buy sample sizes to make sure it is the size you want.

Thanks, I just went on and ordered 10 samples. Cost $9.98 for shipping, I chose the Priority flate rate. From CA it gets here quicker than UPS. Now I can't wait ....:yay:

Thanks, I just went on and ordered 10 samples. Cost $9.98 for shipping, I chose the Priority flate rate. From CA it gets here quicker than UPS. Now I can't wait ....:yay:

Sharon, did you get a sample of the "foaming bath salts" did you see the heart shaped bottles for the salts as well, they're on sale and so cute. when you get your samples please post what you got and how you like them..

Thank You!

my worry with the salt for the granules is that the stuff is hygroscopic and could end up being pretty nasty.

What do you mean, you think SFBSC is different than others? Or are you talking any salt for scented granules? I know the ones I have made do not melt in the oil. I've noticed the scents stays true and doesn't take on a different note after being heated for days. I want to keep this turned on adding scent when needed just to see if it ever goes bad. I have Chanel #5 in the bathroom plug-in and loving it.

Sharon, did you get a sample of the "foaming bath salts" did you see the heart shaped bottles for the salts as well, they're on sale and so cute. when you get your samples please post what you got and how you like them..

No, I didn't get them cause I would never use. Wish they were good in a hot tub. I should have them before the weeks end. Didn't notice the bottles, darn...

Edited by Sharon in KY

I looked at the salts on there, their course SS looks bigger then what i bought at the store, mine looks more like their fine SS. decisions, decisions. Have you purchased the fine and course? Do either compare to what i sent you as a sample?

Thank You! Jean

I will compare the two tomorrow and let you know how they compare.

What do you mean, you think SFBSC is different than others? Or are you talking any salt for scented granules? I know the ones I have made do not melt in the oil. I've noticed the scents stays true and doesn't take on a different note after being heated for days. I want to keep this turned on adding scent when needed just to see if it ever goes bad. I have Chanel #5 in the bathroom plug-in and loving it.

No, I didn't get them cause I would never use. Wish they were good in a hot tub. I should have them before the weeks end. Didn't notice the bottles, darn...

Sharon here are the bottles. bottom of the page they have 2 sizes :)

http://www.sfbsc.com/valentines-bath-salts?b=1

my worry with the salt for the granules is that the stuff is hygroscopic and could end up being pretty nasty.

Hi Carebear! I have been burning my TS since i made it, with no problems at all. just the scent burns off after a few days of power burning them.. :laugh2:No Nasties here, not in my TS or the first batch of CSS i made. :)