Simmering granules

lilfairylover

Hi Ladies! I used 1 cup of coarse sea salt, 1/4 oz of FO, 2 drops of liquid candle dye mixed them up in a SS bowl, let them set for a day to dry,i did keep stirring them to get the FO mixed in good, then i put 3 TBS of them in my warmer. i used cherry blossom FO which is pretty strong.

My burner/melter is one of the white electric flat ones that you put a glass dish on. the scent lasted about 3- 4 days with this one application.. it depends on how long you have them on the melter too as to how long they'll last. i power burned them to see.. :shocked2: my guys came in the house and said OMG! what's mom been up to now.. :laugh2:

I just used your recipe for some salt. They are in a canning jar so we'll see how long it takes to absorb the FO. I let you know if it works. Thanks for the offer of some of your salts, I'll PM you.

Thanks for the great questions and the great answers. I'm going to try these, I believe they would be easy to clean from the warmer. Any ideas on the best way to package them?

I was thinking zip lock bags, or portion cups. if zip lock bags i'd go with the 3 x 3 size for samples. portion cups possibly 2 oz size in the clear. jmo

but if these sold well then go up on the amount and packaging sizes, these would be nice in some cute jars with a scoop attached, and a hang tag with directions on it.. possibilities are endless with these.. Pricing these would be determined on how they are packaged i'd think..

I was also thinking of maybe doing baskets with different scents and a warmer to be sold as sets. i'm going to do some playing around to get different ideas.. Just My :2cents:

Sharon i got your pm.. Thank You! :)

I just used your recipe for some salt. They are in a canning jar so we'll see how long it takes to absorb the FO. I let you know if it works. Thanks for the offer of some of your salts, I'll PM you.

Sharon, How did the salts turn out? please share!! :)

Sharon, How did the salts turn out? please share!! :)

Never did absorb all the oil so I don't know what to do next. Just added more salt, scented with Fresh Lilac cause it's such a strong scent. I'll put in my punched tin warmer tomorrow.

What type of warmer are you all using with your salts? I have every kind there is, just don't want to mess with a t-lite one.

Hi Ladies! I used 1 cup of coarse sea salt, 1/4 oz of FO, 2 drops of liquid candle dye mixed them up in a SS bowl, let them set for a day to dry,i did keep stirring them to get the FO mixed in good, then i put 3 TBS of them in my warmer. i used cherry blossom FO which is pretty strong.

Was wondering what I could do with the liquid dyes I have. :laugh2:

Never did absorb all the oil so I don't know what to do next. Just added more salt, scented with Fresh Lilac cause it's such a strong scent. I'll put in my punched tin warmer tomorrow.

What type of warmer are you all using with your salts? I have every kind there is, just don't want to mess with a t-lite one.

Sharon, i made mine is a stainless steel bowl, let them air dry in the same bowl, my warmer is a flat warmer that you put a dish on, it's electric. i bought them on here in a co-op a few yrs back. before you add more salt to your recipe, do you have something to let them air dry in and see if that helps? possibly with them being in a jar closed the fo might not dry like it needs to.. Sharon here is my warmer. http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=74 Ashlie K did a co-op on the different warmers, and the Cast Iron Skillets. i bought a bunch of clear glass dishes that fit perfectely on the warmer.. HTH

Edited by Jean
Adding to it.

Sharon, i made mine is a stainless steel bowl, let them air dry in the same bowl, my warmer is a flat warmer that you put a dish on, it's electric. i bought them on here in a co-op a few yrs back. before you add more salt to your recipe, do you have something to let them air dry in and see if that helps? possibly with them being in a jar closed the fo might not dry like it needs to.. Sharon here is my warmer. http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=74 Ashlie K did a co-op on the different warmers, and the Cast Iron Skillets. i bought a bunch of clear glass dishes that fit perfectely on the warmer.. HTH

I have a couple of those I'll try. I poured the salt in a dish so we'll see if it dries.

I have a couple of those I'll try. I poured the salt in a dish so we'll see if it dries.

Good Luck! :) Now i'm testing some rock salt/icecream salt to see how it does, will let you know what happens and if this works too. :)

Good Luck! :) Now i'm testing some rock salt/icecream salt to see how it does, will let you know what happens and if this works too. :)

Well it still didn't dry so I put about an inch in a 16 oz mason jar. Put on a warmer and within about 10 min it was so strong, I finally turned it off. It's like my "nosehairs" are coated with lilac FO. Too much information?

Now I'm going to try a different scent, with a little less oil, just to see if it will dry some. You couldn't package the lilac salt.

I bought some salt for water softeners but is was formed into oval pieces and it did not work. Let us know how the icecream salt works.

Well it still didn't dry so I put about an inch in a 16 oz mason jar. Put on a warmer and within about 10 min it was so strong, I finally turned it off. It's like my "nosehairs" are coated with lilac FO. Too much information?

Now I'm going to try a different scent, with a little less oil, just to see if it will dry some. You couldn't package the lilac salt.

I bought some salt for water softeners but is was formed into oval pieces and it did not work. Let us know how the icecream salt works.

they can be strong.. lol@ nose hairs coated with lilac.. :laugh2: i know it's not funny, but i know what you mean.. so far the rocksalt for icecream is not absorbing the FO, so i'm going to add more salt and go from there. sharon add more salt to your mixture..

Jean, I put them in a shallow bowl on the plain Walmart electric warmer that I use to melt my tarts. They've been there for nearly one hour.

I am not smelling a thing. They look very pretty (I used red and blue dyes), but no scent throw. The FO I used is Crisp and Candied (NG). Am I using the wrong burner?

I did not rinse the salt crystals first. I just put them in a glass jar, then added the dye to the FO, mixed it, and poured in the jar. Any ideas? Someone mentioned she could smell the "crystals" all over her house, but I can't even smell them in the same room. What am I doing wrong? :sad2::confused:

I'm not having alot of luck either. I bought the jumbo size salts from Saltworks. The first time I used bath dye, sprayed them let them dry

add more fragrance and let them dry. I couldn't smell it when I put

it in the warmer. The 2nd batch I add alot more fragrance, it never

competely dried, it smelled nice on the kitchen counter, but I really

didn't get a great throw in warmer. I was using a strong fo.

Now I have a couple of small batches of scented salt, I put them in

warmer and just pour more fragrance over the top of them, only then

can I really smell it.

I took the ones I had in the jar and poured in my tin warmer and could not smell them much at all. Just doesn't make sense, why would it be so strong in the jar? Maybe the flat/jar warmer was a lot hotter? Removed the salt from the tin warmer(25w bulb) and the color had turned to brown. The salt is just so expensive I think I'll put it on hold again.

Has anyone put the corn cob crumbs on a warmer? I'm not sure I have any to try but I'm going looking. We'll can't find any, found other things, man-o-man the money I have wasted.......:lipsrseal

CandleMama6, did you try the salt crystals? I put mine in the tart burner but can't smell a thing. Disappointing, 'cause that stuff (the salt crystals) aren't cheap :sad2:

I have been sick this week and cannot smell anything, so I am going to wait until my sniffer works and then I will try them. I will post how they did once I get them going.

has anyone tried simple table salt?

I just tried the (Table Salt), it took the FO very well, i colored this with some gold mica powder, it's sure pretty will let ya know how it does. :) I forgot to mention the rock salt/ice cream salt did not absorb the FO at all.. :(

Edited by Jean

I just tried the (Table Salt), it took the FO very well, i colored this with some gold mica powder, it's sure pretty will let ya know how it does. :) I forgot to mention the rock salt/ice cream salt did not absorb the FO at all.. :(

The table salt DOES work, however it does look like wet sand, i have had it in my burner for about an HR, the scent has filled up the whole house. it's very potent :laugh2: I used 1 C. of table salt 1 oz of FO, and 1/4 tsp of gold mica for coloring, it's scented in sandalwood.. My personal preference is the course sea salt. :)