Simmering granules

lilfairylover

• 8 months later...

I was curious what this was, I searched around a lot on the web. What I found was to use 1oz EO or FO per pound of salt. Color if desired. There are also recipes to make them look like rock crystals as well, this requires water and flour.

You can use mica mixed with glycerin, you will only need a small amount. Lay out to dry.

hope this helps....guess I was bored!

• 1 year later...

what type of (salt) is used for these? i looked on the web and found nothing on how to make these, Just curious. i'm thinking of possibly a course salt would be better then table salt, because the table salt is very fine.

Thank for the help!! :smiley2:

This is freakin' cool!! I accidentally ordered coarse sea salt about 6 months ago - and this stuff is COARSE!! Now I can play around with this and see what I can get... thanks so much for posting this! :) You saved my oops! I've been trying to figure out something to do with this stuff since I can't return it... I'm so glad to be back on this board! :yay:

• Haha 1

I have no self control, I just order #10 of the jumbo size salts to try..

Me too, but I ordered XXL. Has already shipped, can't wait. Even if it doesn't work I have another project. Bought some of those warmers that look like a lamp from Candle Warmers

http://www.candlewarmers.com/Products.aspx?cat=17

but hate the way it only melts the top half of the jar. So took a nice jar filled with lightly colored salt crystals. Put a votive holder into the salt so the top was even with the jar top. Put half a tart in and place under the warmer. Looks so pretty with a matching color. But thought I would color and scent the salt and put under this lamp to see if I can smell it. Love the warmers but hate the bulbs, too expensive. I'm going to see if I can have it re-wired for a small regular bulb. I would try it myself but can't find the right size sockets online. Thanks for the info.

Me too, but I ordered XXL. Has already shipped, can't wait. Even if it doesn't work I have another project. Bought some of those warmers that look like a lamp from Candle Warmers

http://www.candlewarmers.com/Products.aspx?cat=17

but hate the way it only melts the top half of the jar. So took a nice jar filled with lightly colored salt crystals. Put a votive holder into the salt so the top was even with the jar top. Put half a tart in and place under the warmer. Looks so pretty with a matching color. But thought I would color and scent the salt and put under this lamp to see if I can smell it. Love the warmers but hate the bulbs, too expensive. I'm going to see if I can have it re-wired for a small regular bulb. I would try it myself but can't find the right size sockets online. Thanks for the info.

The lamp can't melt the whole jar at once. You are supposed to dump the melted wax out when the fragrance is gone then put the jar back under the warmer. Just be careful pouring the wax out.

My Menard's AND Hobby Lobby both sell these warmers now and the bulbs. They are cheaper than on the site too.

I tried it and it worked! I just used coarse sea salt and added a little fragrance and let it dry. It made my house smell really good.

Thanks for the thread on this.:smiley2:

Did you put them in a dish then on the warmer? Sounds cool. I also have some course salt that I mis-ordered and was just thinking last week how I needed to figure out a use or toss them.

Do they melt or what? Anyone wanna post a picture while you are heating them?? I guess my brain is on vacation cause it simply won't register this in its entirety!! :P

Thanks!!

Did you put them in a dish then on the warmer? Sounds cool. I also have some course salt that I mis-ordered and was just thinking last week how I needed to figure out a use or toss them.

Do they melt or what? Anyone wanna post a picture while you are heating them?? I guess my brain is on vacation cause it simply won't register this in its entirety!! :P

Thanks!!

They do not melt, they are for scenting a room or in my case the whole house :laugh2: i put 3 TBS in my warmer to see what they would do, and wow. i'm calling mine (Shimmer Crystals) they do have a sparkle to them. i did send some to a gal on here, let's see what she thinks of them after she tries them.. :)

They do not melt, they are for scenting a room or in my case the whole house :laugh2: i put 3 TBS in my warmer to see what they would do, and wow. i'm calling mine (Shimmer Crystals) they do have a sparkle to them. i did send some to a gal on here, let's see what she thinks of them after she tries them.. :)

I can hardly smell mine. How much scent are you using per oz. of salt? How long are you letting them dry, I never bothered letting them dry since it was just for me. And are you rinsing the salt, I did.

I can hardly smell mine. How much scent are you using per oz. of salt? How long are you letting them dry, I never bothered letting them dry since it was just for me. And are you rinsing the salt, I did.

I was just going to ask how much FO per oz/lb of salt as well. I am going to try these this week-end. Can't wait!!

Hi Ladies! I used 1 cup of coarse sea salt, 1/4 oz of FO, 2 drops of liquid candle dye mixed them up in a SS bowl, let them set for a day to dry,i did keep stirring them to get the FO mixed in good, then i put 3 TBS of them in my warmer. i used cherry blossom FO which is pretty strong.

My burner/melter is one of the white electric flat ones that you put a glass dish on. the scent lasted about 3- 4 days with this one application.. it depends on how long you have them on the melter too as to how long they'll last. i power burned them to see.. :shocked2: my guys came in the house and said OMG! what's mom been up to now.. :laugh2:

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, no i did not rinse the salt first, if you'd like to try some i'll be more then happy so send you a sample and let you see for yourself!

PM me your address! :)

Jean

Hi Ladies,

I was the gal that Jean gave some to try. I love them. I had it burning in my bathroom and it scented the whole bathroom and my bedroom too, both are very big rooms. I'm pretty impressed by these and they are easy to clean out of the burner. I put them in last night and still burning them today and the throw is amazing for just a small amount in the burner. I will have to make some after trying Jean's. I would highly suggest trying these!! Thanks Jean for the sample! This is another great recipe that I will add to my keeper list!

Hi Ladies,

I was the gal that Jean gave some to try. I love them. I had it burning in my bathroom and it scented the whole bathroom and my bedroom too, both are very big rooms. I'm pretty impressed by these and they are easy to clean out of the burner. I put them in last night and still burning them today and the throw is amazing for just a small amount in the burner. I will have to make some after trying Jean's. I would highly suggest trying these!! Thanks Jean for the sample! This is another great recipe that I will add to my keeper list!

You're very welcome kat, i'm glad you liked them and they worked well for you. like i said they was easy to do, and you can make any amount you desire, i just did a small amount to try.. and i was impressed.. :)