Salt bars (batch 6)

Vio

I couldn't stop myself. I tried, but the urge overtook me. LOL

These are scented Peak's Cucumber Melon which is great smelling for a cucumber melon scent.

Had to take a picture of the chaise message/heating pad I used because it was just too funny. :laugh2:

Boy, I'm never going to try and handle these with no gloves on ever again. I got bit on the side of my pinky on the first bar. Ran to wash with a hunk of my lard soap really fast and calmed it down. Little red but not bad but ouch. LOL

I didn't get a gel, but it was set up enough to cut. Wanted to get it cut before I went to bed to avoid any problems.

I used a combo of liquid colors and pops and did an itp swirl, with the rest poured on top and swirled. :)

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look fantastic! Let me send you my address, cuz I want one!

LOL at the chaise lounger heating pad thingy. Very ingenious of you! Love the huge pillar on top holding it down. :P

FWIW...I have never insulated my salt bars.....at most I'll put them in an unheated oven for a bit. Try a batch without insulating and see if there is a difference. I've never noticed one, and I'm lazy, so I don't bother.

Donna

Those look great, I did salt bars today, and after almost three hours in the oven at 150, and with a lid on, I still don't think I got a gel. If I did it was quick, but I kept on peaking(I know), but never saw one. I cut them and don't notice a partial gel either , so that is good. Those are very pretty.

No sooner than 6 weeks though Angel91805! LOL :)

Thank you! And good to know I'm not alone in the no gel thing and it's not a big deal.

That itp swirl thing is great!!! I can't wait to play with that again. :yay:

They look great! Beautiful coloring.

As far as the gel...I think they gel, but we just don't see/recognize it with the salt bars for some reason. I swear I've had some gelling as I was pouring them into the molds!

Very nice and great swirl, especially for your first time. I have bene soaping for over 2 years now and haven't tried salt bars, although they are on my list for later this spring!

Steph

Ditto - I've been soaping for over 4 years and haven't tried making a salt bar yet. I do love them though, just haven't gotten around to it.. LOL

VIO, I'll have to peek at them from home. I can't view them from work for some reason. :(

Thank you! :)

I'm pretty proud of these because of the swirls. I look at them, and just can't believe "I" did this! LOL They really weren't hard at all to make. The bars came out pretty chunky too, considering I actually lessened my oils a bit for this mold, to compensate for added room the salt might take, in my mold. I picked one up before and they're so heavy too. :)

Barbara thank you for the advice you gave me that time on the salt bars. I used the method you mentioned, and it worked beautifully! Thank you!!!! :)

I haven't tried to wash with a sliver of this yet. Going to give it a few days. The colors are exactly as they were when I poured them too, which is nice. :)

SatinDucky, they were really fun to make. I haven't used one yet, and hope they have the effect they're supposed to have with the like stone and creamy thing. You just have to give yourself time so you can pull them to cut much sooner. You can't just walk away from them till the next day. They really were a lot of fun. :)

Today they're hard as a rock and omg so heavy. Same sized bars as I usually make, but twice the weight. I still get some give though when I press really hard, so not going to test a sliver yet.