Toothsoap anyone?

SOAPFREAK

I've been pondering this one. What if I HP'd it and added a tiny bit of honey and some mint EO at the end?

Then I guess the honey would be on my teeth which wouldn't be a good thing. Maybe stevia and some mint EO then???

I'm still curious as to how much mint EO to add if I don't want to grind it up and flavor it - just run my brush across it...Anyone???

I've been pondering this one. What if I HP'd it and added a tiny bit of honey and some mint EO at the end?

Then I guess the honey would be on my teeth which wouldn't be a good thing. Maybe stevia and some mint EO then???

I'm still curious as to how much mint EO to add if I don't want to grind it up and flavor it - just run my brush across it...Anyone???

Bethany, it's really hard to get it flavored so you won't taste the soap. That's why i grind it and add it later. After it's already saponified.

Bethany, it's really hard to get it flavored so you won't taste the soap. That's why i grind it and add it later. After it's already saponified.

Truly, you won't even taste the soap after a few days to a week. I find what you do to avoid the taste of soap to be just too much work when it isn't really necessary. (For me, anyway)

I've been using my soap as toothsoap for about 2 years now. I can tell you that for years my dentist appointments were disappointing but after using soap on my teeth, my teeth and gums are in much better shape.

You really don't taste the soap after a few days you will get used to it. I tried to go back to toothpaste one day because I was getting low on my stash and I could feel the sticky glycerin on the back of my teeth and food stuck to it.

You know when you use toothsoap your teeth feel squeaky clean all day and even into the next day.

Barbara

• 2 months later...

I made some quite a while back. I do love what it does for my teeth, however, the taste leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know if it was my particular combo of oils (I think I used coconut and palm) but it tastes like soap, worse yet, don't brush your tongue with it, because your mouth will taste like varmit. :lipsrseal Yuck. So, I am going to put up with it because I think it has helped...on another note, I read somewhere that sesame oil is a good oil for the mouth...evidently, Indian (like, the kind from India, not native American) people do something called "oil pulling" where they use sesame oil every day for about 20 minutes before they brush..it is said to pull toxins from their system, mercury and lead poisoning, etc..I also heard that if you have amalgam fillings, it will loosen, and make them fall out (which, could be a good thing, if you want them gone) Then all you have to do is go to the dentist for a new, safe filling. Kinda controversial, not sure if it works or not, but thought I'd share....if anyone else knows more about if it works or not, I'd be interested.

I have a cream soap recipe that I really like for tooth soap. Its made with coconut milk for the liquid. The first time I made it I tasted it to see if it was done, and all I could taste was the glycerin, no yucky soap flavor. Added a little spearmint to it and its almost edible:drool: My teeth have never been cleaner. I will be posting the same recipe in the cream soap thread once I get some down time this weekend.