Another Candle that Will Not Sell

gosh all, I haven't checked back here in a bit..on ebay this candle is offered in any scent and any color..I think my biggest problem is that people don't want to burn it...I was guilty of keeping candles for special occasions and it wasn't until I was taking care of my sister before she passed away that I noticed she had a cabinet full of "special occasion candles" well she had weeks to live and I"m thinking what the hell is she waiting for...so, I started burning them..got every one of them burned before she died. So now, I light everything. I've talked to corey grayson about a silicone disc the size of a tealight..I remember I bought one from janet way back when..and..I gave the candle away...lol...I get shots in my spine on wednesday and I get anesthesia..lately, I've been not too groggy while the shots were being given and they had to pull me off the ceiling..so, I brought in the blue one for the nurse administering the anesthesia and my lovely doctor who gives me my shot got a green one for his wife and let's just say, I got the shot, woke up an hour later and if I didn't have a bandage on my back I would have sworn I never got the shot...so that candle went a long way for me...love ya all that either liked it or didn't...I just bought another mold, very similar to it from corey grayson...I'll never learn but I just love pretty candles...even if I"m the only one that enjoys them...ebay is downright frightening right now, they are offering penny auctions if you list for 99 cents...as slow as ebay is...I'd end up giving stuff away anyway...I've been invited to 2 craft shows..very la di da if you have to be invited but I've decided to try it...who knows???? Maybe there's a lot of untapped resources for me that I've never thought to try....have a wonderful weekend all...and light your candles!! Life is too short to save em for a special occasion!

It really is a beautiful candle. If you offer it in all colors, then I really have no idea why people won't buy it. Even though it does look too pretty to burn, I'd still buy it to decorate a nice candle holder I have. It really is beautiful. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I haven't been around the board very much so some of the older post are new to me. I love this candle, it is beautiful. The only reason it may not be selling IMO is maybe because of the color. If that doesn't go with someone's color scheme then they pass it up. I agree with Stella, try another market. For example, the people in my area compare everything to Walmart. Very small area and the only selling market is an outdoor farmer's/craft market. You can explain until you turn blue that the quality can't be compared to Walmart but people who shop in this market want a bargin and constantly try and get products cost down to discount store prices. My out of pocket cost more to make the product then what they are willing to pay. I quit selling in that market. Try a more neutral color and maybe a different selling place. I think you created a very nice canlde!

Beautifull!!!Where can I fint this mold?:confused:

I am actually at the point with ebay thinking I will keep listing until some candle finally sells....not sure if it's ebay or me..lol...I will be offering these until mother's day...then, after that I will have to rethink pouring candles until my website is up and running...critiques always appreciated..

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/rainbowtourist/100_2820.jpg

That is a gorgeous candle! The only thing I would suggest is taking a different photo and try dressing it up to look more like it was taken in a studio. Know what I mean? That might help.

That really is lovely!!