frustration....

Why it's all so difficult LOL!!

I am testing a supposed palm wax for containers. Nothing like the glass glow or what, it's simple and creamy looking.

I tested just a bit without wick to see how it behaves, since maybe I'll need it for a big job. Well, supposed palm wax, description says "mix of vegetable waxes" and I don't think it's soy, because supplier told me soy costs two times this wax. Well, I have circular cracks. Tried to follow instructions: heating container to 176 and poruing at 185, cooiling slowly under a cardboard box. It cracked. Poured when it was slushy, it cracked. Added FO. it cracked.

What should I do??? too bad to present it to the customer, and I don't want to heat gun every container, also because the tops are not smooth after heating them, they have a sort of little and thin waves. You know, as you when heat milk in a pot and it forms a film on top before boiling.

Why!!!! I was happy, I found a supplier here in italy... but this wax is a pain. Too much work for every container! I don't have beeswax, I don't have any other additives, and for once in my life I'd like to buy locally!!!

I want to cry.

I read a lot on here about circular cracks, but they were soy related... maybe this wax contains soy. The MP is 118-125.

Any ideas? Could palm stearic help? I have a bag here.

TIA!!!

Hi Sabrina!

What temp. did you add the fo? I would try heating to 190-195* add fo and stir for 3-4min. ,do you heat the jars?If you don't you may want to try..palm is a diff. beast,do you cool on a cooling rack?Try that too...It wouldn't hurt to try the additive that you have..or some crisco..you said this wax was creamy..it doesn't crystlize at all? Well....try those things maybe it will help...if not maybe switch jars..could be the jar.

Good luck to ya! Kimmeroo:smiley2:

thanks girls. I wasn't using any FO.

no wicks. I just wanted to see the behaviour. I'm fairly new to containers. Anyway I tested two different tumblers.

I found out that under the circular crack there was a cave. I've done everything about temps, now I'll try stearic. How much should I add?

Just to start with something!

Thanks!

I found out that under the circular crack there was a cave.
Did you do anything to relieve the air-trapping? This is very common with palm wax... Temp has nothing to do with this...

Try 1-2% or 1 tablespoonful per pound. You can also soften palm wax by adding some container soy to it. It WILL change the crystals, however.

Did you do anything to relieve the air-trapping? This is very common with palm wax... Temp has nothing to do with this...

Try 1-2% or 1 tablespoonful per pound. You can also soften palm wax by adding some container soy to it. It WILL change the crystals, however.

Hi Stella, instructions said nothing about poking holes or repours. I used another palm wax and that was really one pour. This is not a crystalizing wax anyway.

I poured another tester with wick in it and to my surprise no sinking and no cracks, no caves under the surface... I poured when it was slushy and in no heated container. I let it cool at ambient temp. But the big wet spots surrounding all the candle are still there. I'll try with some stearic, I have no soy.

Thanks for the help!