The new (and did I mention free) soap stamp

I got the stamp for free at owossographic.com. They guarantee that you will love your first stamp so much they give it to you free! I only paid $2.85 shipping. Its a magnesium die, debossed, mounted on a wood. Quite lovely!

Please excuse the photography, not my best:

Vintage Original Musk:

vintageoriginalmusk.jpg

The Vert:

thevert-1.jpg

Dynamic Duo:

dynamicduo.jpg

Very pretty. I love that green swirl! The stamp is cool too :)

I didn't bevel much on the first few batches, but discovered in using them months later that the edge can be sharp and uncomfortable :undecided

I thought about ordering one of those stamps a couple years ago but had NO idea what kind works best...lol

Ok yours turned out great. I have 2 stamps from them and have rendered 2 batches unsellable cause the stamp messed it up when I was lifting it back off the soap. I just couldn't get the timing right:angry2:Beautiful soaps, and I like NON.

Magnesium, debossed on wood. I believe I picked 3/4".

Nope, choices are 11 point, 1/4" and 3/8" ;)

I think it's how thick the actual impression will be, but not sure. I figured I just wont press as hard and chose the 3/8". Then remembered I don't have the file ready to upload... maybe tomorrow I'll have time to make it...lol

I just want to say that those are some lovely soaps! I love the pop colours I cant wait to finally use some of mine!!! Maybe this afternoon....

I just wanted to also say that when I emailed the company they said this: "We recommend using a ¼” magnesium stamp mounted on a wood block"

Now that being said I havent ordered my stamp yet or used it .. thats just what they said

Ok yours turned out great. I have 2 stamps from them and have rendered 2 batches unsellable cause the stamp messed it up when I was lifting it back off the soap. I just couldn't get the timing right:angry2:Beautiful soaps, and I like NON.

I've had the same problem with mine. I have some swirlies in my logo and its hard to get it just right! I love it but its frustrating!

Beautiful soaps Z!! Your stamp looks great!! Love it.. I'm the same, on the fence about beveling, I like the look of both and beveling IS so time consuming..Lately I've been leaning more towards non beveled. ;)

Sharon

Well DUH me!! :tongue2:

Which one is 1/4 in??

Please select from the following magnesium choices:

spacer.gif 16g (.064"/1.63mm)

spacer.gif .080 (2.032mm)

spacer.gif 11pt (.153"/3.86mm)

Maybe this will help.

OWOSSO offers a full range of magnesium dies for foil stamping, debossing, halftone and line etching, rubber stamp masters, and custom applications. Magnesium dies can be produced on 16 gauge (.064"), 80 thousandths (.080"), 11 point (.153"), ¼ inch (.250"), or 3/8" (.375).