My first dots n swirls

Louise

So, after finding that fricken golden egg in the dead of night (Day 1's egg), I decided to get a batch of soap going. I even got out my new condiment squeeze bottles I had picked up at the dollar store 2 weeks ago.

And here they are:

Just poured

[ATTACH]15141[/ATTACH]

Cuts

[ATTACH]15142[/ATTACH]

I got my oils and lye mixed and whisked them up a bit and got them all blended together then mixed up my colors and got them in their squeeze bottles. Then traced the main batch, poured, and started the dots. They were spreading out too much after I "dotted" them, so then I shook the bottles... and shook and shook them, trying to get a trace or better trace or what have you. I don't think I ever did get them to thicken up much at all. But anywho, there you have it.

Right in the middle of my dotting, guess what???? Yep, it dawned on me I forgot the fo again! *sigh* I blame it on the golden egg. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Off to make the batch again, but this time with the fo!! grrrrr :P

Thanks for looking, even though they aren't much to look at.

post-9049-139458444293_thumb.jpg

post-9049-139458444295_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Libby :)

I thought you were going to make yourself a wooden mold? Get working on it girl and you'll be all set for when your pops get there and then you can go to town on dottin' and swirlin'.

I just put my batch for tonight to bed. There may be pics tomorrow night lol

Thank you all :) And yep, no fo :( But in a way, I'm glad now, cuz I have an unscented soap. In another way I'm glad too because the fo was a floral. So at least I got to play with dotting and swirling without too many complications. We'll see in awhile how the batch I made last night turned out, after finding the fricken egg in the dead of night (egg #2) I made another batch and this time remembered the fo! lol

Don't go through life being afraid, just jump right in and do it!! I learned alot doing this one and even more doing the second one that I did late last night. I just happen to show my batches whether they are gourmet or not, especially when I try something new. That way maybe others can learn too and I can have others give me suggestions. (suggestions besides stop posting pics...lol)

OMG you did it really good!!! Whoo hooo!!! I want to try the Soapfreak hearts one day too, but I'm still afraid. LOL Brave gal Louise!!!! Beautiful!!!! :yay:

I don't play with my soap too often but here is a tip for you: Pancake mix or a flour and water mix along with food coloring. Thats all you need to practice swirling...oh and a skewer or chopstick.lol Do it until your comfy enough to do it cp style. It really does work as you won't feel so pressured to get it right :)

HTH

I don't play with my soap too often but here is a tip for you: Pancake mix or a flour and water mix along with food coloring. Thats all you need to practice swirling...oh and a skewer or chopstick.lol

Ohhh.. good Idea, my kids have been on a pancake jag lately... Don't think lil one would mind pretty colored pancakes, but not so sure about the boy...

Bet if I cooked on just enough heat I could get hearts ON each pancake...

Sounds like something to try tomorrow on the last day of spring break :tongue2:

Oh yeah, I am going to get some wood n make me real ones, but payday isn't till the end of the week, with foamcore, I can figure just how I need to cut the much spendier wood to get it right when I finally get to the 'real' ones... and THEN I'll have one more mold then I started with!

----

Libby