Scrub recipe help?

kinipela

I saw a recipe *somewhere* that called for e-wax and stearic acid. I ordered both of those, and now can't find the darn recipe. It was for a salt or sugar scrub and called for both. I searched the recipes here, and didn't find it... any ideas? Or know of a scrub recipe that calls for these? I did find some recipes that include both, but they are lotions. :confused:

60% sea salt

12% Shea Butter

18.8% Oils ( I like almond oil)

1.5% E Wax

5.4% Stearic

.7% Preservative

1/4 cup cornstarch

1% FO

I prefer not to use sugar, it feels sticky ...some others really like it, just remember that this stuff gets thicker after it sits for awhile, say overnight and some people like to add extra oil, I personally don't like adding extra oil because it gets greassy and my clients like it this way...I do toooo....I use fine sea salt so that the spread on is easier, sometimes the others are too big and fall off the skin....

Can I leave it out, or sub more e-wax for it? Anyone tried this with mango butter? I don't have shea, but I do have mango and kpangnan butters.

Mango butter works great in the place of shea. ;)

As far as the cetyl and leaving it out, just try it and see.

It is used as a thickner, emulisifyer, and an emollient depending on the application.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I tried this recipe. Once it set I used it and I had white film all over my body after using it. I had to rewash to get it off. What do you think the problem is? :o My skin felt great and looked great but I don't think it should've been filmy when applying (if that's a word).

60% sea salt

12% Shea Butter

18.8% Oils ( I like almond oil)

1.5% E Wax

5.4% Stearic

.7% Preservative

1/4 cup cornstarch

1% FO

I prefer not to use sugar, it feels sticky ...some others really like it, just remember that this stuff gets thicker after it sits for awhile, say overnight and some people like to add extra oil, I personally don't like adding extra oil because it gets greassy and my clients like it this way...I do toooo....I use fine sea salt so that the spread on is easier, sometimes the others are too big and fall off the skin....

I think I'm doing something wrong. I tried this recipe. Once it set I used it and I had white film all over my body after using it. I had to rewash to get it off. What do you think the problem is? :o My skin felt great and looked great but I don't think it should've been filmy when applying (if that's a word).

I'm not really sure. Try it without the cornstarch and maybe lower your stearic amount and see if that makes a difference.