8 oz square mason users

I'm thinking about trying these jars with GB444 and CD wicks. Candlesoylutions site has them listed as being 3 3/4" in diam while others have them listed as being 3.0" in diam. Just curious if they come in different sizes...if so, which is the better size for 444 and single CD wicking?

TIA for any replies.

Hi WAXFLOWER!

Mine are 3 3/4" in diameter....I use CD's also..generally a CD 14 will wick most of my scrnts..I did have to wick up on some of the Vanillas and bakery scents..largest I went was a 20(UGH! Warm Vanilla Sugar Type).HTH!:smiley2:

Kimmeroo

Kimmero - Are these 8oz square mason jars fairly easy to wick? Does the taller chimney type neck on this jar hold in more heat causing the wax to burn better for a fmp? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to find a smaller/wider jar that I can single wick with 444 and CD's.

I'm currently testing 5oz (3 1/8" diam) apoth jars, I can't successfuly wick this jar to save my life...:confused:..., (unless I double wick with a CD 4 or 5).

I heat unscented/uncolored wax to 175-180, then pour at around 115, in doing this I get nice smooth tops. I've tried any where from a CD10 to a CD18. My test burns with 10 and 12 left a lot of hang up and the 14, 16, and 18 just tunneled...sooo frusterating:angry2:...going crazy here... HELP...PLEASE!!!

Do you burn the candles right to the end? Lots of times the candle will have hangup for at least 2-3 burns..so it is very important to burn to the end.How long do you burn each time.If the jar is 3 3/4" wide then you need to burn at least 3 1/2 hours each burn.I hope this helps you...I found the 444 was easy to wick.....I always got away with a CD 14 on most scents....

Kimmeroo (Sorry,I didn't see this thread sooner,I have had the flu).

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Since November the flu has made several attacks at my house...UGH...so tired of being sick :(

Do you burn the candles right to the end? I burn to the end but I don't power burn...in my 5oz 3 1/8" diam apoth jar I burn (unscented/uncolored 444) for 3 hrs on the first burn and end up with about 1/2" - 1/4" hang up (with CD12 and 14). As for the second and third burn I get even more hang up, almost like the wicks aren't hot enough. With a CD 16 and 18, it just tunnels. I would like to acheive a FMP from the second burn on...(is this possible?)...hmmm...dunno what I'm doing wrong...possibly a stubborn batch of wax, maybe there aren't enough stars in the sky. I'm going to get some 8oz sq masons to try. Is it the taller chimney type neck on the sq mason that retains more heat for a better burn? Lots of times the candle will have hangup for at least 2-3 burns..so it is very important to burn to the end.How long do you burn each time. I burn 3 hrs each time and keep wicks trimmed between 1/4" - 1/2". If the jar is 3 3/4" wide then you need to burn at least 3 1/2 hours each burn.I hope this helps you...I found the 444 was easy to wick.....I always got away with a CD 14 on most scents....

I'll keep trying and hopefully I don't loose too much hair over this...:P

Thanks for your reply...Have a great day!