Banner Help

ladysj

I've found some primitive sites on the top 10 lists that I am exchanging banners with. Some of them ask for my banner url. I don't know what that is. All I have is my banner saved to my computer and I only know how to upload the image directly from the computer.

Where and how do I get a url for my banner?

You can upload your banner to Photobucket or any online photo storage site and that will create a banner code for you. Then you will have a banner url but you will still need to include your website url when you are doing the exchange.

HTH

Chauna

Hmm I just did this last night on my own site with adding a clickable banner to my blog. After I created the banner I just went on photobucket to host it there and got the tag for it. I had to end up changing the link for it to direct to my blog instead of photobucket.

Or save it directly to your own website. Say you create a new folder to store banners in and your new banner has the filename banner1.jpg. Well, your URL would look something like this:

http://www.southerscentsofarkansas.com/banners/banner1.jpg

ETA: I don't know why this happens, but it's cutting up the pretend url I just posted. Sorry, was trying to help. haha It may just be easier to put it to photobucket, but if you want to be able to keep track of hits to your images through your website, you may want to just host it on your own site instead of photobucket.